MARCH Book Collection

  • rkzbos
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 22, 2010
      Hi Evan,

      I would love to also help out with that. Are the books in the new space yet? BTW had you and MARCH consider scanning the books and putting them on disk and creating an FTP so everyone could have access to the data?

      And in the collection, are their any computer magazine like BYTE? And by the way, did they ever published magazines on Mainframes? Or did computer magazine only became available when the micro was invented and it hit the market? -Although I would think that Popular Mechanics may had articles on mainframes.

      Coast to Coast Am is on the radio right now (WWOR) and the topic tonight is Bigfoot!

      73
      Jack R

    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 22, 2010
        >>> I would love to also help out with that.

        Thank you. I'll announce when we are ready for that project.

        >>> Are the books in the new space yet?

        No.

        >>> BTW had you and MARCH consider scanning the books and putting them on disk and creating an FTP so everyone could have access to the data?

        No. That would break every copyright law in the known universe.

        >>> And in the collection, are their any computer magazine like BYTE?

        Yes.

        >>> And by the way, did they ever published magazines on Mainframes?

        Yes. But those are more like trade journals than traditional magazines.

        >>> Coast to Coast Am is on the radio right now (WWOR) and the topic tonight is Bigfoot!

        I hear he has large feet.
      • rkzbos
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 23, 2010
          (I think that I try to send you an incomplete email from the Yahoo group and accidentally press send. So instead I'll send it here)

          Evan:

          I would like you to know that I do acknowledge the importance of copyright protection. Under the excitement, I simple forgot to mention anything about it.

          I do hope that in the future most vintage computer books and magazine material do became available on the Internet in WYSIWYG format.

          What your doing is great. I think that the general public needs to learn about the history of computers, to see how far technology has come. Hoping that we can not only learn from the past, but also to help our society from becoming a disposable one.

          And thank you for allowing off-topic subjects in a time of need.

          Jack R

          > Thank you. I'll announce when we are ready for that project.

          > No.

          > No. That would break every copyright law in the known universe.

          > Yes.

          > Yes. But those are more like trade journals than traditional magazines.

          > I hear he has large feet.

        • fubarlabs
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 23, 2010
            Although we've been neglecting it lately, at FUBAR we've been meaning to catalog our (relatively tiny) library and put the index online. We'd be more focused on recent publications, but if there's enough interest, we would be open to some kind of inter-library loan system. Thoughts?
            -Phil Gillhaus
            President, FUBAR Labs
            http://fubarlabs.com
            732-50-FUBAR