RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: OT Help deciding how to buy MS-DOS disk

  • BDegnan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2010
      Upgrades check for the existence of the OS that preceded it. For example a DOS 6.22 upgrade will work if 6.0 is already installed.

      As a genera rule, format a drive as part of the initial OS install so that your system files match. It's possible that the install was ok but the programs that have failed after install are bombing because your io.sys is still from the old os. Hard to tell with out more info.

      Read the DOS manual.

      bd