RE: [midatlanticretro] Hello everyone

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 10, 2005
      Hi there,

      Welcome to MARCH and thanks for being lucky #100.  Where do you live?

      Our club currently has three big projects:
      - we're becoming incorporated, making a web site, etc. (vs. being little more than an informal gathering / discussion group for the past 10 months)
      - we're creating a brick-and-mortar computer museum on the NJ shore (Wall Township), although our members are from all over the mid-atlantic region
      - we're hosting the Vintage Computer Festival East 3.0 next spring (May 13); VCF is the major international show franchise for our hobby

      More timely, we're having a club work day this Saturday (starting at 10AM) at the InfoAge Learning Center (infoage.org) which is where our museum is located.  The purpose of the work day is to start a serious cataloging effort for our collection.  You're welcome to attend.  Directions are on the InfoAge web site.  Also, look through the past couple days' worth of list messages for more details on this Saturday.

      - Evan Koblentz, march prez