Re: [midatlanticretro] The ad - update

  • Sridhar Ayengar
    Message 1 of 17 , Jun 4, 2010
      evan@... wrote:
      > I'm on a bus to NYC so I've got time to kill ... Glad to see all the good suggestions for our ad. This weekend I will make a new one and I'll try to include all the ideas.
      >
      > Here's a new question to keep you all very busy: if we only have room for one picture, what should it be? :)

      S/360 Model 91 Operator's Console with open-reel tape drives in the
      background.

      Peace... Sridhar
      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 5, 2010
        Use a closeup picture of any PDP control panel - just screams old computer.

        No clever old jargon - use words people eating in a diner understand.

        Jim

        Sridhar Ayengar wrote:

        > evan@... <mailto:evan%40snarc.net> wrote:
        > > I'm on a bus to NYC so I've got time to kill ... Glad to see all the
        > good suggestions for our ad. This weekend I will make a new one and I'll
        > try to include all the ideas.
        > >
        > > Here's a new question to keep you all very busy: if we only have room
        > for one picture, what should it be? :)
        >
        > S/360 Model 91 Operator's Console with open-reel tape drives in the
        > background.
        >
        > Peace... Sridhar

      • jack99rubin
        Message 3 of 17 , Jun 6, 2010
          > No clever old jargon - use words people eating in a diner understand.

          Free Dessert!
        • Bill Degnan
          Message 4 of 17 , Jun 6, 2010
            "Old Computer Show"

            In a way it might make more sense to have a picture of a generic 70's or
            80's looking people using computers, not what the computer actually is.

            bd

            Message 5 of 17 , Jun 6, 2010
              <chuckle/>