RE: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 2, 2010
      On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Bill Sudbrink wrote:

      > Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wantedNone of my pictures of last
      > year's VCF East turned out but here is a pretty good picture
      > of my Cromemco loaded IMSAI, running kscope and showing the joysticks:
      >
      > http://page2pixel.rutgers.edu/vcf6/?px=%2FIMG_0934.jpg

      Try this one:

      http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/VCF-East2009/IMG_0559.JPG

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Richard Cini
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 2, 2010
        Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted That’s a good one, too. I just bid on a Panasonic CCTV monitor — the Apple monitor I have is good but the picture is rectangular rather than square. I also searched my junk boxes and couldn’t find the joystick pots I had from Rat Shack. Short of locating a Futaba T5, does anyone know of another joystick with 5k pots (Radio Shack, TI, Apple, etc.)? At this point I’m not looking for 100% authentic — just close so I can get a prototype breadboarded.

        I now have LIFE and Kaleidoscope working just fine. It’s pretty!

        Rich

        On 6/2/10 9:10 PM, "Mike Loewen" <mloewen@...> wrote:

        On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Bill Sudbrink wrote:

        > Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wantedNone of my pictures of last
        > year's VCF East turned out but here is a pretty good picture
        > of my Cromemco loaded IMSAI, running kscope and showing the joysticks:
        >
        > http://page2pixel.rutgers.edu/vcf6/?px=%2FIMG_0934.jpg

        Try this one:

        http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/VCF-East2009/IMG_0559.JPG

        Mike Loewen mloewen@... <mailto:mloewen%40cpumagic.scol.pa.us>
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 7, 2010

          I found another pic from VCF East 6.0
          This has the two joysticks, mine and Bill's replica
          http://picasaweb.google.com/ragooman/VCFEast602009#5479988689491458770

          =Dan

          Bill Sudbrink wrote:
          Cromemco D+7A board wanted
          The tough part of making a Cromemco joystick console repro is finding the
          actual joystick module.  After a lot of looking, I found that Futaba T5 series
          RC model transmitters have joystick modules with the correct pot values and
          look about right.  I showed my Cromemco loaded IMSAI chassis at VCF East
          last year.  I think there are some pictures on the web somewhere that show
          how my repros turned out.  Oh, one other thing, if you find a D+7A without
          the edge connector, I have a spare.