RE: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 2 5:28 PM
      Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted
      From Dan's measurement of his original, combined with the test procedure in the assembly
      instructions, 5k Ohm.  The Futaba joystick pots are 5k and work with all of the original
      software I've been able to run on them.  If you keep an eye on ebay, you can get a transmitter
      much cheaper than what Mouser or Digi-Key charges.  Also, how close are you looking to
      come in terms of physical reproduction?  When I built mine, there was nothing physically
      close available new retail.  Hammond still makes a very close enclosure, both in terms of
      dimensions and color.

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 2 5:37 PM
          Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted
          None of my pictures of last year's VCF East turned out but here is a pretty good picture
          of my Cromemco loaded IMSAI, running kscope and showing the joysticks:

          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 2 5:43 PM
            Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted That’s a good picture. What kind of color monitor is that?

            http://page2pixel.rutgers.edu/vcf6/?px=%2FIMG_0934.jpg

                After the CP/M workshop, I  decided to pull  out one of my Dazzler boards to see if it worked.  The board I pulled out works  (with an old Apple composite monitor)  so I’d like to locate a D+7A  digital/analog board used for the  joystick interface. Does anyone have a spare  working board they’d  be willing to part with? I also have to see if I have the  parts to  make the JS joystick console.

                I   haven’t tried to load-up any of the Dazzler programs yet but I  plan on doing  that this week and I’ll report   back.

            Thanks!

            Rich

            --
            Rich  Cini
            Collector of Classic Computers
            Build Master and lead engineer,  Altair32 Emulator

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 2 5:52 PM
              Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted

              I don't remember the exact part number... I will find the receipt.

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 2 5:56 PM
                Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted
                Totally non-vintage but easy to transport.  A little Panasonic security monitor.
                Got it cheep on ebay, it has some text just barely burned into the phosphors
                along the bottom.  You can only really see it when the whole field is white.

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 2 6:10 PM
                  On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Bill Sudbrink wrote:

                  > Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wantedNone of my pictures of last
                  > year's VCF East turned out but here is a pretty good picture
                  > of my Cromemco loaded IMSAI, running kscope and showing the joysticks:
                  >
                  > http://page2pixel.rutgers.edu/vcf6/?px=%2FIMG_0934.jpg

                  Try this one:

                  http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/VCF-East2009/IMG_0559.JPG

                  Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                • Richard Cini
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 2 6:31 PM
                    Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted That’s a good one, too. I just bid on a Panasonic CCTV monitor — the Apple monitor I have is good but the picture is rectangular rather than square. I also searched my junk boxes and couldn’t find the joystick pots I had from Rat Shack. Short of locating a Futaba T5, does anyone know of another joystick with 5k pots (Radio Shack, TI, Apple, etc.)? At this point I’m not looking for 100% authentic — just close so I can get a prototype breadboarded.

                    I now have LIFE and Kaleidoscope working just fine. It’s pretty!

                    Rich

                    On 6/2/10 9:10 PM, "Mike Loewen" <mloewen@...> wrote:

                    On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Bill Sudbrink wrote:

                    > Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wantedNone of my pictures of last
                    > year's VCF East turned out but here is a pretty good picture
                    > of my Cromemco loaded IMSAI, running kscope and showing the joysticks:
                    >
                    > http://page2pixel.rutgers.edu/vcf6/?px=%2FIMG_0934.jpg

                    Try this one:

                    http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/VCF-East2009/IMG_0559.JPG

                    Mike Loewen mloewen@... <mailto:mloewen%40cpumagic.scol.pa.us>
                  • Dan Roganti
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 7 4:23 AM

                      I found another pic from VCF East 6.0
                      This has the two joysticks, mine and Bill's replica
                      http://picasaweb.google.com/ragooman/VCFEast602009#5479988689491458770

                      =Dan

                      Cromemco D+7A board wanted