OT: another Thunderbird question

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2010
      Here's another Thunderbird question.  I searched and only found part of the answer.

      Until tonight I used TB 3.1 beta.  It worked fine.  Then I upgraded to 3.1 Release Candidate.

      Now, when I get new mail, the folder name turns blue.  I don't want that, so I figured out how to edit the userchrome.css file and change the color to black.  Now the folder only turns bold, but stays black, which is what I want.

      But: the "Local Folders" heading still turns blue.  I can't find what code to (presumably) add to the userchrome file to fix this.

      Anyone know?
    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 1, 2010
        the color coding pertains to the assignment of the message type. somewhere
        along the link you assigned your messages to a group (personal, business,
        etc.)
        Bill

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 1, 2010
          No, I don't think that is the problem. This isn't a matter of how I
          classify messages. See screen capture:
          http://www.snarc.net/inbox.jpg

          When I get a new message, it goes to the correct folder and the folder
          name changes to bold (but stays black, because I changed that setting in
          userchrome.css) ... however the text for "local folders" changes to
          blue. I don't want that; can't figure out what code I should use to
          change it.

          This is the content of my userchrome file; I copied it all from various
          Mozilla knowledgebase files. (I noticed that the relevant section
          (color: black) doesn't start with a pound sign; thought maybe it was
          just a syntax error. But when I added that and saved the file / reopened
          TB, that reverted the color scheme to blue folder titles.)

          #folderTree > treechildren::-moz-tree-line {
          visibility: visible !important;
          }

          treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(folderNameCol, newMessages-true) {
          color: black !important;
          }

          #threadTree treechildren::-moz-tree-row(odd) {
          background-image: none !important;
          }