Dazzler successes

  • Richard Cini
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
      Dazzler successes All --

          Just to report back on the Dazzler I pulled out of storage, I was able to get The Game of Life to work (with the exception that the LIFE banner doesn’t print...tomorrow’s job). Since the binaries I have are somewhat suspect, I’d like to try to find the original source (or printed copies thereof) of any of the other Dazzler Games programs. Gotcha! is in the manual, but I’d like to get Magenta Martini and Kaleidoscope at a minimum. The others, I think, require the JS1 which I don’t have.

          Yeah!

      Rich

      --
      Rich Cini
      Collector of Classic Computers
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
        Dazzler successes
        Ha!

        Our messages crossed!

        I'll get kscope up on my site tonight or tomorrow morning.  I'll post when it's up.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
          Dazzler successes
          Here's kscope as a text stream you can feed into RDOS:

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
            Re: [midatlanticretro] Dazzler successes Thanks, Bill. I actually don’t have a Cromemco — my Dazzler is running on my IMSAI. I’m going to re-create the source for this tomorrow to make it portable. If you come across any printed source materials, keep me in mind. I have a bunch of binaries that I may try to run through a disassembler to I can produce a workable source file.

            http://wsudbrink.dyndns.org:8080/kscope_rdos.txt

                Just to report back on the Dazzler I pulled  out of storage, I was able to get The Game of Life to work (with the exception  that the LIFE banner doesn’t print...tomorrow’s job). Since the binaries I  have are somewhat suspect, I’d like to try to find the original source (or  printed copies thereof) of any of the other Dazzler Games programs. Gotcha! is  in the manual, but I’d like to get Magenta Martini and Kaleidoscope at a  minimum. The others, I think, require the JS1 which I don’t  have.

                Yeah!

            Rich

            --
            Rich  Cini
            Collector of Classic Computers
            Build Master and lead engineer,  Altair32 Emulator

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
                Re: [midatlanticretro] Dazzler successes Sweeeet! Thanks a lot.

                On 6/1/10 8:39 PM, "Bill Sudbrink" <wh.sudbrink@...> wrote:

                Disassembly:

                http://wsudbrink.dyndns.org:8080/kscope_dis.txt

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
                  Re: [midatlanticretro] Dazzler successes
                  Note that the RDOS stream is relocated to 0x3000 while the disassembly is of the original paper tape,
                  at the original ORG, 0x0000.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 2, 2010

                    I have the D+7A and an original Cromemco joystick, so I'm still waiting for a Dazzler - hint :)  It's in Bill S. pics too, side by side his replica, from VCF East 6.0. In the meantime, I have this little retrohacking project with using a Defender mainboard that's mounted inside a rackmount case and interfaced to my Imsai as a video graphics display - so many nice colors. I'm trying to make a color version of SpaceWar - crossing my fingers.

                    =Dan