RE: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2010
      Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted
      I have converted all of the dazzler software I could find (paper tape images) into
      CP/M executable files.  I have a cleaned up life.  The only "popular" program I'm
      missing is the animator program.  You will find "magenta martini" on the web,
      but it is only the data file.  You need the actual animator program.  The actual
      name of the program escapes me at the moment, it's in the cromemco games
      disk documentation.  Let me know if you want my files.

        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 2, 2010
          Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted
          From Dan's measurement of his original, combined with the test procedure in the assembly
          instructions, 5k Ohm.  The Futaba joystick pots are 5k and work with all of the original
          software I've been able to run on them.  If you keep an eye on ebay, you can get a transmitter
          much cheaper than what Mouser or Digi-Key charges.  Also, how close are you looking to
          come in terms of physical reproduction?  When I built mine, there was nothing physically
          close available new retail.  Hammond still makes a very close enclosure, both in terms of
          dimensions and color.

            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 2, 2010
              Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted
              None of my pictures of last year's VCF East turned out but here is a pretty good picture
              of my Cromemco loaded IMSAI, running kscope and showing the joysticks:

              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 2, 2010
                Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted That’s a good picture. What kind of color monitor is that?

                http://page2pixel.rutgers.edu/vcf6/?px=%2FIMG_0934.jpg

                    After the CP/M workshop, I  decided to pull  out one of my Dazzler boards to see if it worked.  The board I pulled out works  (with an old Apple composite monitor)  so I’d like to locate a D+7A  digital/analog board used for the  joystick interface. Does anyone have a spare  working board they’d  be willing to part with? I also have to see if I have the  parts to  make the JS joystick console.

                    I   haven’t tried to load-up any of the Dazzler programs yet but I  plan on doing  that this week and I’ll report   back.

                Thanks!

                Rich

                --
                Rich  Cini
                Collector of Classic Computers
                Build Master and lead engineer,  Altair32 Emulator

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 2, 2010
                  Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted

                  I don't remember the exact part number... I will find the receipt.

                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 2, 2010
                    Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted
                    Totally non-vintage but easy to transport.  A little Panasonic security monitor.
                    Got it cheep on ebay, it has some text just barely burned into the phosphors
                    along the bottom.  You can only really see it when the whole field is white.

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 2, 2010
                      On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Bill Sudbrink wrote:

                      > Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wantedNone of my pictures of last
                      > year's VCF East turned out but here is a pretty good picture
                      > of my Cromemco loaded IMSAI, running kscope and showing the joysticks:
                      >
                      > http://page2pixel.rutgers.edu/vcf6/?px=%2FIMG_0934.jpg

                      Try this one:

                      http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/VCF-East2009/IMG_0559.JPG

                      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                    • Richard Cini
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 2, 2010
                        Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wanted That’s a good one, too. I just bid on a Panasonic CCTV monitor — the Apple monitor I have is good but the picture is rectangular rather than square. I also searched my junk boxes and couldn’t find the joystick pots I had from Rat Shack. Short of locating a Futaba T5, does anyone know of another joystick with 5k pots (Radio Shack, TI, Apple, etc.)? At this point I’m not looking for 100% authentic — just close so I can get a prototype breadboarded.

                        I now have LIFE and Kaleidoscope working just fine. It’s pretty!

                        Rich

                        On 6/2/10 9:10 PM, "Mike Loewen" <mloewen@...> wrote:

                        On Wed, 2 Jun 2010, Bill Sudbrink wrote:

                        > Re: [midatlanticretro] Cromemco D+7A board wantedNone of my pictures of last
                        > year's VCF East turned out but here is a pretty good picture
                        > of my Cromemco loaded IMSAI, running kscope and showing the joysticks:
                        >
                        > http://page2pixel.rutgers.edu/vcf6/?px=%2FIMG_0934.jpg

                        Try this one:

                        http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/VCF-East2009/IMG_0559.JPG

                        Mike Loewen mloewen@... <mailto:mloewen%40cpumagic.scol.pa.us>
                      • Dan Roganti
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 7, 2010

                          I found another pic from VCF East 6.0
                          This has the two joysticks, mine and Bill's replica
                          http://picasaweb.google.com/ragooman/VCFEast602009#5479988689491458770

                          =Dan

                          Cromemco D+7A board wanted