IBM Supplemental Control Panel for 360

    Message 1 of 1 , May 29 8:15 PM
      Here are some pictures from the IBM 360 supplemental control panel I
      picked up on Ebay a few weeks ago. The service tag is 1969. It's full
      of SLT chips. My theory is that it may have been used to monitor data
      transfers or to make sure one machine was cabled up correctly to
      another, I don't really know. It's got toggle switches and lights.. ah
      pretty lights. Of course the original owner cut the cables when they
      decommissioned it, so I have not powered it on.

      I also cleared out the foam, it was disintegrating and eventually would
      have ruined the unit. I have to clean all of that sticky dust off the
      components. You'll notice in some of the hi-res shots that there are
      little brown dots, that's the foam.

      http://vintagecomputer.net/ibm/360/IBM360_SCP.jpg
      http://vintagecomputer.net/ibm/360/IBM360_SCP_card-cage-6.jpg
      http://vintagecomputer.net/ibm/360/IBM360_SCP_flip-chip-rows-8.JPG