Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: new retro journal 300 Baud

    Message 1 of 15 , May 26, 2010
      Andrew Molloy wrote:
      On Tuesday, May 25, 2010, Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> wrote:

      Maybe M.A.R.C.H. should make a calendar with these good looking women with
      vintage computers and sell it at VCF ?

      Hey, as long as we can have good looking men too. ;)

      One of each, let's do it.

      Seriously, if I had time I would make a calendar for MARCH, with Mid-Atlantic stuff on it, I have had this on my list for a while.  I like photos of computers with people using them if possible, for things like calendars.  The pictures of the system itself on a calendar has already been done.

      A simple idea would be for MARCH people to submit photos of "my and my computer" and we could pick the best 12-16 for a calendar.  The calendar could be sold as a fund raiser.

      Bill

    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 15 , May 26, 2010

        B Degnan wrote:

        A simple idea would be for MARCH people to submit photos of "my and my computer" and we could pick the best 12-16 for a calendar.  The calendar could be sold as a fund raiser.

        Do you me each of us ?  nah
        Now, what would be nice is to get a photo of the guest speakers from VCF East to pose for a picture at one of the computers there at the museum and use _that_ in the Calendar. Along with a caption about them, who they are, what they did, etc, etc.

        I'm sure they would donate their portrait for a good cause. However, this may take a long time, since we missed several years of opportunity to get 12 months of photos. Perhaps they may still be available for something like this, even if they send it by email -- just using a good camera would help.

        =Dan

      • Bill Degnan
        Message 3 of 15 , May 26, 2010
          oops ME and my computer.
          bd

          > A simple idea would be for MARCH people to submit photos of "my and my
          > computer" and we could pick the best 12-16 for a calendar. The
          > calendar could be sold as a fund raiser.
          >
          > Do you me each of us ? nah
          >
          > Now, what would be nice is to get a photo of the guest speakers from
          > VCF East to pose for a picture at one of the computers there at the
          > museum and use _that_ in the Calendar. Along with a caption about them,
          > who they are, what they did, etc, etc.
          >
          > I'm sure they would donate their portrait for a good cause. However,
          > this may take a long time, since we missed several years of opportunity
          > to get 12 months of photos. Perhaps they may still be available for
          > something like this, even if they send it by email -- just using a good
          > camera would help.
          >
          > =Dan
          >
          > http://www.vintagecomputer.net/ragooman/

        • Jeffrey Brace