new retro journal 300 Baud

  • Andrew Molloy
    Message 1 of 15 , May 23, 2010
      I received the May 2010 issue of 300 Baud this weekend. It's a new retrocomputing journal with a format that reminds me of the venerable 2600. Issue #1 was already sold out so I ended up with #2. It's a fun little publication, about 36pp. with articles on Gopher, OS-9, BASIC graphics, a brief history of Pen computing, etc. I paid $6. I bet lots of March'ins would enjoy it. I learned about it from David Greelish's video podcast over at classiccomputing.com.

      Andy
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 15 , May 24, 2010

        Retro Mag - Cool ! I ordered one

        4-6wks delivery - not cool (they print them in Canada - that's next door)

        w00t - women on the front covers
        =Dan

        Andrew Molloy wrote:
        I received the May 2010 issue of 300 Baud this weekend. It's a new retrocomputing journal with a format that reminds me of the venerable 2600. Issue #1 was already sold out so I ended up with #2. It's a fun little publication, about 36pp. with articles on Gopher, OS-9, BASIC graphics, a brief history of Pen computing, etc. I paid $6. I bet lots of March'ins would enjoy it. I learned about it from David Greelish's video podcast over at classiccomputing.com.

        Andy

      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 15 , May 24, 2010
          I ordered one too. Smiley emoticon

          4-6wks delivery - not cool (they print them in Canada - that's next door)

          w00t - women on the front covers
          =Dan

          Andrew Molloy wrote: I received the May 2010 issue of 300 Baud this weekend. It's a new retrocomputing journal with a format that reminds me of the venerable 2600. Issue #1 was already sold out so I ended up with #2. It's a fun little publication, about 36pp. with articles on Gopher, OS-9, BASIC graphics, a brief history of Pen computing, etc. I paid $6. I bet lots of March'ins would enjoy it. I learned about it from David Greelish's video podcast over at classiccomputing. com.

          Andy

      • Andrew Molloy
        Message 4 of 15 , May 24, 2010
          On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:

          > Retro Mag - Cool ! I ordered one
          >
          > 4-6wks delivery - not cool (they print them in Canada - that's next door)
          >
          > w00t - women on the front covers
          > =Dan

          I wondered about that too, but it only took two weeks to arrive.

          Andy

          Message 5 of 15 , May 24, 2010
            Andrew Molloy wrote:
            > On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:
            >
            >> Retro Mag - Cool ! I ordered one
            >>
            >> 4-6wks delivery - not cool (they print them in Canada - that's next door)
            >>
            >> w00t - women on the front covers
            >> =Dan

            That said, this is still the vintage computing queen:
            http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=207
            bd
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 6 of 15 , May 25, 2010

              B Degnan wrote:

              That said, this is still the vintage computing queen:
              http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=207

              aaahhhh Don thin' so :)

              =Dan
            • Bill Degnan
              Message 7 of 15 , May 25, 2010
                Message 8 of 15 , May 25, 2010

                  Bill Degnan wrote:
                  I like to point her out every once in a while.  I wonder if there are
                  enough photos of good looking women at/around vintage computers to make a
                  calendar out of it.

                  I don't know, but I have one on here
                  http://www.vintagecomputer.net/ragooman/computers_mini_gallery.html
                  SEL810B series minicomputer, 1967
                  I have one other, in color, but I have to search around here again

                  =Dan

                • Jeffrey Brace
                  Message 9 of 15 , May 25, 2010
                    Maybe M.A.R.C.H. should make a calendar with these good looking women with vintage computers and sell it at VCF ?

                    > That said, this is still the vintage computing queen:
                    > http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=207
                    >
                    > aaahhhh Don thin' so :)

                    I like to point her out every once in a while. I wonder if there are
                    enough photos of good looking women at/around vintage computers to make a
                    calendar out of it.

                    Bill

                  • Sridhar Ayengar
                    Message 10 of 15 , May 25, 2010
                      Jeffrey Brace wrote:
                      > Maybe M.A.R.C.H. should make a calendar with these good looking women
                      > with vintage computers and sell it at VCF ?

                      Copyright issues? Model release issues?

                      Peace... Sridhar
                    • Andrew Molloy
                      Message 11 of 15 , May 25, 2010
                        On Tuesday, May 25, 2010, Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> wrote:

                        > Maybe M.A.R.C.H. should make a calendar with these good looking women with
                        > vintage computers and sell it at VCF ?

                        Hey, as long as we can have good looking men too. ;)

                        Andy

                        Message 12 of 15 , May 26, 2010
                          Andrew Molloy wrote:
                          On Tuesday, May 25, 2010, Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> wrote:

                          Maybe M.A.R.C.H. should make a calendar with these good looking women with
                          vintage computers and sell it at VCF ?

                          Hey, as long as we can have good looking men too. ;)

                          One of each, let's do it.

                          Seriously, if I had time I would make a calendar for MARCH, with Mid-Atlantic stuff on it, I have had this on my list for a while.  I like photos of computers with people using them if possible, for things like calendars.  The pictures of the system itself on a calendar has already been done.

                          A simple idea would be for MARCH people to submit photos of "my and my computer" and we could pick the best 12-16 for a calendar.  The calendar could be sold as a fund raiser.

                          Bill

                        • Dan Roganti
                          Message 13 of 15 , May 26, 2010

                            B Degnan wrote:

                            A simple idea would be for MARCH people to submit photos of "my and my computer" and we could pick the best 12-16 for a calendar.  The calendar could be sold as a fund raiser.

                            Do you me each of us ?  nah
                            Now, what would be nice is to get a photo of the guest speakers from VCF East to pose for a picture at one of the computers there at the museum and use _that_ in the Calendar. Along with a caption about them, who they are, what they did, etc, etc.

                            I'm sure they would donate their portrait for a good cause. However, this may take a long time, since we missed several years of opportunity to get 12 months of photos. Perhaps they may still be available for something like this, even if they send it by email -- just using a good camera would help.

                            =Dan

                          • Bill Degnan
                            Message 14 of 15 , May 26, 2010
                              oops ME and my computer.
                              bd

                              Message 15 of 15 , May 26, 2010
                                and maybe this calendar could have important days in vintage history on it.