Not Retro - Watch Flash Video on *MOST* Smartphone Platforms

  • ExSlyder
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2010
      Flash Video is one of those things that many people have begged and pleaded for as features on their smartphones. Now most of the smartphone platforms, except Steve's aka iPhone, has a way to watch just about any flash video out there.

      Windows Mobile Platform - Both Touchscreen and Non Touchscreen - There is a company called Skyfire who was the first (and only) Web Browser that supports Flash 10 (which is what is required to view the video) The Flash Lite/Mobile that Adobe came out with doesn't help at all. Skyfire works by decoding the Flash animation in a "Cloud" network, then transferring the video to the phone in a format it can play. So the special features (Like fast forward/rewind/pause) do not work at this time. http://www.skyfire.com

      Symbian/Nokia Smartphones - Also Skyfire, I believe this was the first platform that Skyfire was released on. http://www.skyfire.com

      Finally Android, AKA G1/Nexus One/Droid/MyTouch etc, the new open source mobile phone platform from Google, since it came out, users have been crying out for Flash support, and it hasn't materialized. Last Year, Adobe showed a tech-demo of Flash Mobile running on an Android based device, but it still has yet to appear on the market.
      So, to the rescue, with their Cloud/proxy based flash 10 decoding is Skyfire. So, now you can view Crunchyroll videos, as well as many other sites that use Flash (youtube, etc) without leaving your web browser. http://www.skyfire.com

      Yes, I know this SOUNDS like an Ad for Skyfire, it kind of it, but it's personal. I have an Android Phone, and have been so annoyed that there has not been flash support since I got the device. Now I can sit on the train, and watch my episodes of Reborn, Naruto, etc, streamed to my phone through the air. Skyfire is an awesome application, and I can only see it getting better in the future.

      Thanks,

      Joe