Re: [midatlanticretro] Me + Gesswein in the news

    Message 1 of 5 , May 6, 2010
      Also, I didn't say that comment about 1982. No biggie though.

      > Here's a story about our hobby, written by an American U. grad student,
      > and featuring myself and David. I don't think the story was published
      > anywhere (the writer said it was for a school assignment.) It's
      > certainly not on par with some of the professional articles about us
      > (i.e. Reuters, eWeek, etc.), but we'll take it.
      >
      > http://www.andymedici.com/2010/04/24/computer-collectors-hunt-for-electronic-treasure/

    • David Gesswein
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2010
        On all my browsers I get a big blank rectangle between the top picture and
        the timeline. Did it display for anybody else? I think its the same
        video as the small one on the right.

        > Gesswein's house looks pretty cool

        Thanks.

        >Nice Ohio Scientific Dave!

        I assume its a mixture of components from different systems. Are you familiar
        with the color schemes to know what the blue computer vs brown disk are
        from? The system I used back in the day was all blue. The drives also
        aren't the common style. Since these are black they are hard to see in the
        video.

        I think Bill is the better speaker. Kind of strange he didn't get mentioned
        in the text.