Re: [midatlanticretro] Me + Gesswein in the news

  • Bill Dromgoole
    Message 1 of 5 , May 6, 2010
      Nice Ohio Scientific Dave!

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...>
      To: "Yahoo MARCH Yahoo" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2010 12:59 PM
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Me + Gesswein in the news

      Here's a story about our hobby, written by an American U. grad student,
      and featuring myself and David. I don't think the story was published
      anywhere (the writer said it was for a school assignment.) It's
      certainly not on par with some of the professional articles about us
      (i.e. Reuters, eWeek, etc.), but we'll take it.

      http://www.andymedici.com/2010/04/24/computer-collectors-hunt-for-electronic-treasure/
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2010
        Also, I didn't say that comment about 1982. No biggie though.

        > Here's a story about our hobby, written by an American U. grad student,
        > and featuring myself and David. I don't think the story was published
        > anywhere (the writer said it was for a school assignment.) It's
        > certainly not on par with some of the professional articles about us
        > (i.e. Reuters, eWeek, etc.), but we'll take it.
        >
        > http://www.andymedici.com/2010/04/24/computer-collectors-hunt-for-electronic-treasure/

      • David Gesswein
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7, 2010
          On all my browsers I get a big blank rectangle between the top picture and
          the timeline. Did it display for anybody else? I think its the same
          video as the small one on the right.

          > Gesswein's house looks pretty cool

          Thanks.

          >Nice Ohio Scientific Dave!

          I assume its a mixture of components from different systems. Are you familiar
          with the color schemes to know what the blue computer vs brown disk are
          from? The system I used back in the day was all blue. The drives also
          aren't the common style. Since these are black they are hard to see in the
          video.

          I think Bill is the better speaker. Kind of strange he didn't get mentioned
          in the text.