Re: [midatlanticretro] Me + Gesswein in the news

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 5 , May 6, 2010
      Gesswein's house looks pretty cool

      --- On Thu, 5/6/10, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Me + Gesswein in the news
      To: "Yahoo MARCH Yahoo" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 12:59 PM

      Here's a story about our hobby, written by an American U. grad student,
      and featuring myself and David. I don't think the story was published
      anywhere (the writer said it was for a school assignment.) It's
      certainly not on par with some of the professional articles about us
      (i.e. Reuters, eWeek, etc.), but we'll take it.

      http://www.andymedi ci.com/2010/ 04/24/computer- collectors- hunt-for- electronic- treasure/

    • Bill Dromgoole
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2010
        Nice Ohio Scientific Dave!

        Message 3 of 5 , May 6, 2010
          Also, I didn't say that comment about 1982. No biggie though.

          > Here's a story about our hobby, written by an American U. grad student,
          > and featuring myself and David. I don't think the story was published
          > anywhere (the writer said it was for a school assignment.) It's
          > certainly not on par with some of the professional articles about us
          > (i.e. Reuters, eWeek, etc.), but we'll take it.
          >
          > http://www.andymedici.com/2010/04/24/computer-collectors-hunt-for-electronic-treasure/

        • David Gesswein
          Message 4 of 5 , May 7, 2010
            On all my browsers I get a big blank rectangle between the top picture and
            the timeline. Did it display for anybody else? I think its the same
            video as the small one on the right.

            > Gesswein's house looks pretty cool

            Thanks.

            >Nice Ohio Scientific Dave!

            I assume its a mixture of components from different systems. Are you familiar
            with the color schemes to know what the blue computer vs brown disk are
            from? The system I used back in the day was all blue. The drives also
            aren't the common style. Since these are black they are hard to see in the
            video.

            I think Bill is the better speaker. Kind of strange he didn't get mentioned
            in the text.