Me + Gesswein in the news

    Message 1 of 5 , May 6, 2010
      Here's a story about our hobby, written by an American U. grad student,
      and featuring myself and David. I don't think the story was published
      anywhere (the writer said it was for a school assignment.) It's
      certainly not on par with some of the professional articles about us
      (i.e. Reuters, eWeek, etc.), but we'll take it.

      http://www.andymedici.com/2010/04/24/computer-collectors-hunt-for-electronic-treasure/
    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2010
        Gesswein's house looks pretty cool

        Message 3 of 5 , May 6, 2010
          Nice Ohio Scientific Dave!

          Message 4 of 5 , May 6, 2010
            Also, I didn't say that comment about 1982. No biggie though.

            > Here's a story about our hobby, written by an American U. grad student,
            > and featuring myself and David. I don't think the story was published
            > anywhere (the writer said it was for a school assignment.) It's
            > certainly not on par with some of the professional articles about us
            > (i.e. Reuters, eWeek, etc.), but we'll take it.
            >
            > http://www.andymedici.com/2010/04/24/computer-collectors-hunt-for-electronic-treasure/

          • David Gesswein
            Message 5 of 5 , May 7, 2010
              On all my browsers I get a big blank rectangle between the top picture and
              the timeline. Did it display for anybody else? I think its the same
              video as the small one on the right.

              > Gesswein's house looks pretty cool

              Thanks.

              >Nice Ohio Scientific Dave!

              I assume its a mixture of components from different systems. Are you familiar
              with the color schemes to know what the blue computer vs brown disk are
              from? The system I used back in the day was all blue. The drives also
              aren't the common style. Since these are black they are hard to see in the
              video.

              I think Bill is the better speaker. Kind of strange he didn't get mentioned
              in the text.