Re: Movies

  • ysgdhio
    Message 1 of 16 , May 5 12:17 PM
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Ray Sills <raysills@...> wrote:
      > Send in 5 "tokens" clipped from the box, along
      > with the proper request form (also part of the box) and they will send
      > you a movie..

      A box of cereal is between $4 and $5.
      The promotion probably doesn't include shipping.
      So your cost is between $25 and $30
      and you still have to wait for the DVD to arrive in the mail.

      My local Barnes & Noble has the War Games DVD for either $14.99 or $9.99 depending on their mood (and that might even be the 25th Anniversary Edition). Even with tax, you're ahead of the game and you'll have it "now".

      As another data point, Amazon seems to have it for $7.13 new, plus shipping, and I haven't had to consume any cereal.

      Oh wait, I already own this DVD.
    • Sridhar Ayengar
      Message 2 of 16 , May 5 12:44 PM
        ysgdhio wrote:
        >> Send in 5 "tokens" clipped from the box, along
        >> with the proper request form (also part of the box) and they will send
        >> you a movie..
        >
        > A box of cereal is between $4 and $5.
        > The promotion probably doesn't include shipping.
        > So your cost is between $25 and $30
        > and you still have to wait for the DVD to arrive in the mail.

        Except you get to eat the cereal.

        Peace... Sridhar
      • Bill Degnan
        Message 3 of 16 , May 5 1:28 PM

          > ysgdhio wrote:
          > >> Send in 5 "tokens" clipped from the box, along
          > >> with the proper request form (also part of the box) and they will
          send
          > >> you a movie..
          > >
          > > A box of cereal is between $4 and $5.
          > > The promotion probably doesn't include shipping.
          > > So your cost is between $25 and $30
          > > and you still have to wait for the DVD to arrive in the mail.
          >
          > Except you get to eat the cereal.

          There is a life lesson in there someplace.
        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 16 , May 5 1:52 PM
            Yes.. Their cereal is so bad they have to give away DVDs for people to eat it. That's why I eat Kashi.

            --- On Wed, 5/5/10, Bill Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
            There is a life lesson in there someplace.
          • Ray Sills
            Message 5 of 16 , May 5 4:05 PM
              Well... I bought the cereal even when there was not DVD promotion.
              And, will likely do so when the deal ends. I usually mix several
              brands of cereal together.. (including Kashi cereals, frequently).

              But, the point of my post is: advising that the promotion exists,
              should you happen to be purchasing the -particular- Kellogss's cereal
              (no all Kellogg's cereals have this deal).

              AND..

              to say, I have excess coupons and tokens, and would be happy to send
              them in, should anyone on the list want the movie. I don't expect to
              need more than one copy at the moment... and I already have War Games.

              So... if anyone wants the War Games DVD... let me know, and I'll mail
              in on your behalf. It does take about a month to arrive.

              73 de Ray