Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: I got my encom badge

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 16 , May 3 10:31 AM
      Cheat and thee shall find

      http://tron.wikibruce.com/Challengingstage

      Join us brother!

      Flynn Lives!

      --- On Mon, 5/3/10, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:

      From: Dan Roganti <ragooman@...>
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: I got my encom badge
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, May 3, 2010, 12:42 PM

      Christian Liendo wrote:

      Is anyone else following the viral marketing that Disney is doing for Tron Legacy? It is crazy all the things they are doing.

      oh man, guess 56 games ? jeesh, is there a shortcut to this :)  I need my ENCOM badge

      =Dan

    • Bob Schwier
      Message 2 of 16 , May 3 2:04 PM
        I have to go to Raleigh over the summer.
        ReConStruction on August 5.
        bs

        From: ysgdhio
        Sender: MARCH Yahoo Midatlanticretro
        Message 3 of 16 , May 4 9:33 AM
          I live right outside of Raleigh and have responded to the original poster about it.

          Christopher.

          The club already has one, but it'd be a shame if the guy dumps it.

        • ysgdhio
          Message 4 of 16 , May 4 11:30 AM
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Christopher Blackmon <ckblackm@...> wrote:
            > I live right outside of Raleigh and have responded to the original poster about it.

            Cool beans.
          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 16 , May 5 6:40 AM

              http://kotaku.com/5530832/tron-goes-8+bit-again

              Question. If Tron really off topic?

              I mean are old movies about computers and video games off topic?

            • evan@snarc.net
              Message 6 of 16 , May 5 6:48 AM
                Nobody has complained to me about your obsession, if that's what you mean. :)

                In general, as long as:
                - it's related to on-topic
                - subject line is clear
                - it doesn't offend anyone

                Then you're fine.

                From: Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...>
                Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 06:40:17 -0700 (PDT)
                To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
                Subject: [midatlanticretro] OT:8bit Weapon does a Tron Tribute

                http://kotaku.com/5530832/tron-goes-8+bit-again

                Question. If Tron really off topic?

                I mean are old movies about computers and video games off topic?

              • Ray Sills
                Message 7 of 16 , May 5 10:46 AM
                  Speaking of movies....

                  One of the breakfast cereals that I regularly consume has a promotion
                  associated with it: Send in 5 "tokens" clipped from the box, along
                  with the proper request form (also part of the box) and they will send
                  you a movie.. from a list of currently available titles in their
                  collection.

                  Right now, one of the movies is "War Games"... a classic for
                  computerists if there ever was one.

                  Now.. you can rush out a buy five boxes of the specially marked
                  Kellogg's boxes. Or.. if Kellogg's is not your thing, email me your
                  mailing address, and I'll send in a request on your behalf.

                  I'm sure many MARCHins already have copies of the movie, possibly from
                  "questionable" sources... but this is a properly licensed DVD, so
                  you'll therefore be entitled to have "archival' copies of the movie.

                  73 de Ray

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 5 12:17 PM
                    --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Ray Sills <raysills@...> wrote:
                    > Send in 5 "tokens" clipped from the box, along
                    > with the proper request form (also part of the box) and they will send
                    > you a movie..

                    A box of cereal is between $4 and $5.
                    The promotion probably doesn't include shipping.
                    So your cost is between $25 and $30
                    and you still have to wait for the DVD to arrive in the mail.

                    My local Barnes & Noble has the War Games DVD for either $14.99 or $9.99 depending on their mood (and that might even be the 25th Anniversary Edition). Even with tax, you're ahead of the game and you'll have it "now".

                    As another data point, Amazon seems to have it for $7.13 new, plus shipping, and I haven't had to consume any cereal.

                    Oh wait, I already own this DVD.
                  • Sridhar Ayengar
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 5 12:44 PM
                      ysgdhio wrote:
                      >> Send in 5 "tokens" clipped from the box, along
                      >> with the proper request form (also part of the box) and they will send
                      >> you a movie..
                      >
                      > A box of cereal is between $4 and $5.
                      > The promotion probably doesn't include shipping.
                      > So your cost is between $25 and $30
                      > and you still have to wait for the DVD to arrive in the mail.

                      Except you get to eat the cereal.

                      Peace... Sridhar
                    • Bill Degnan
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 5 1:28 PM

                        > ysgdhio wrote:
                        > >> Send in 5 "tokens" clipped from the box, along
                        > >> with the proper request form (also part of the box) and they will
                        send
                        > >> you a movie..
                        > >
                        > > A box of cereal is between $4 and $5.
                        > > The promotion probably doesn't include shipping.
                        > > So your cost is between $25 and $30
                        > > and you still have to wait for the DVD to arrive in the mail.
                        >
                        > Except you get to eat the cereal.

                        There is a life lesson in there someplace.
                      • Christian Liendo
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 5 1:52 PM
                          Yes.. Their cereal is so bad they have to give away DVDs for people to eat it. That's why I eat Kashi.

                          Message 12 of 16 , May 5 4:05 PM
                            Well... I bought the cereal even when there was not DVD promotion.
                            And, will likely do so when the deal ends. I usually mix several
                            brands of cereal together.. (including Kashi cereals, frequently).

                            But, the point of my post is: advising that the promotion exists,
                            should you happen to be purchasing the -particular- Kellogss's cereal
                            (no all Kellogg's cereals have this deal).

                            AND..

                            to say, I have excess coupons and tokens, and would be happy to send
                            them in, should anyone on the list want the movie. I don't expect to
                            need more than one copy at the moment... and I already have War Games.

                            So... if anyone wants the War Games DVD... let me know, and I'll mail
                            in on your behalf. It does take about a month to arrive.

                            73 de Ray