Wow!

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2010
      You guys have to come see what Nels's group did in their military vehicles exhibit. They took an entire H-building section and parked all sorts of classic vehicles in a neat arrangement. They even painted the columns army green. It looks great. Plus they have a separate room for some captured Nazi vehicles, including a car/motorcycle hybrid that Nels says is the only of its kind in America.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 20, 2012
        Tonight I learned something interesting about the second of the five MOBIDICs (MOBIDIC 'B'.)

        What I already knew about 'B': It shipped in April 1960 to the Army Tactical Operations Center at Ft. Leavenworth, Kan., where it ran Project MASS (Modern Army Supply System), and in May 1965 the National Bureau of Standards inherited it.

        What I learned tonight: In June 1969, NBS decided that 'B' should stand for BASIC -- so they wrote a BASIC compiler.

        I have no idea what they did with it after that. But just think ... two 30-ft. Army trailers, so that someone could type, 10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD".