The Next Hope July 17th

  • billdeg
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2010
      Early roll call....

      who is planning on going to the Last Hope July 17th, and who is going to exhibit?

      I plan to bring a UNIX PC and small exhibit about the 911 hacking incident as described in the book "The Computer Underground" by M. Harry.

      Bill
    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2010
        Isn't it called "The Next HOPE" this year?

        I'll bring an Osborne, re: Felsenstein.

        (Other MARCHins should notice this trend: the 'H' in HOPE is for 'hacking' so our demos at this event should have strong hacker ties.)

        More details some other time.

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2010
          Silly me, yes NEXT HOPE. Like the subject line.

          I assume Lee will be at this event? Why bring an Osborne again?

          Bd

          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2010
            I don't expect Lee to be there. Just easier to bring an Osborne than to
            duplicate his Community Memory work!

            Anyway, maybe it wasn't the best suggestion.

            All I meant is, for this exhibit, we should bring things with stronger
            hacker backgrounds. Apple 1 replica, Altair, etc.