Re: [midatlanticretro] Introduction

    Message 1 of 97 , Apr 27, 2010
      naic98 wrote:
      > What a great idea for a group. I am forever greatful to the TCF, and TSC for introducing me to their Engineering Program (2nd of 3 degrees) and allowing me to speak at the 1999 and 2000 TCF ( I made a few bucks refurbing computers from TCF and selling them to my fellow educators ).
      >
      > I am currently teaching Science at an Urban High School
      >
      > I have a small collection if antiques, s/n 13 of radio shack model 1 (level 1 - 4k), model 1 (48 k level 2), aim 65, couple of cosmac elfs, color computers, zx-81, ts-1000's, intel 4004, video brain (1st bit slice- f8), mac plus, LC, 2si, 2ci, Power PC,(the bigger ones need new s/w install), TI-99, C64, Vic 20, others i can't recall. I would like to be able to fire up the 2e and perhaps do some projects from old Byte, radio electronics or popular electronics magazines, thanks

      Welcome,
      Perhaps you could share your name and location too? You're the 4th
      person in this group with an AIM 65, sounds like we should get together
      and experiment with them some time.
      Bill
    • Steven Toth
      Message 97 of 97 , Jul 12

        In 84, my father moved to the promised land, aka Silicon Valley, and
        while he did the executive thing with various hardware and software
        companies, I got heavily involved in the BBS scene (QuickBBS, shortly,
        and Remote Access for several years, also very active in FidoNet) and

        FidoNet! :) My first real email experience, I loved it. I remember getting a 'point' address of my fav BBS based in the UK, the Red Rose BBS (Lancashire).

        <snip>

        all my advanced students learn vi (I'm a vi bigot and I do realize this
        makes me a Bad Person). They all learn command line C followed by

        Not at all, I use vi daily. Personal preference. Nothing wrong with emacs either, although I prefer vi.

        <snip>

        So, long story short, I'm thrilled to be here and thanks for putting up
        with me!

        A great story, thanks for sharing.

        Welcome aboard!

        - Steve