Introduction

  • naic98
    Message 1 of 97 , Apr 27, 2010
      What a great idea for a group. I am forever greatful to the TCF, and TSC for introducing me to their Engineering Program (2nd of 3 degrees) and allowing me to speak at the 1999 and 2000 TCF ( I made a few bucks refurbing computers from TCF and selling them to my fellow educators ).

      I am currently teaching Science at an Urban High School

      I have a small collection if antiques, s/n 13 of radio shack model 1 (level 1 - 4k), model 1 (48 k level 2), aim 65, couple of cosmac elfs, color computers, zx-81, ts-1000's, intel 4004, video brain (1st bit slice- f8), mac plus, LC, 2si, 2ci, Power PC,(the bigger ones need new s/w install), TI-99, C64, Vic 20, others i can't recall. I would like to be able to fire up the 2e and perhaps do some projects from old Byte, radio electronics or popular electronics magazines, thanks
    • Steven Toth
      Message 97 of 97 , Jul 12

        In 84, my father moved to the promised land, aka Silicon Valley, and
        while he did the executive thing with various hardware and software
        companies, I got heavily involved in the BBS scene (QuickBBS, shortly,
        and Remote Access for several years, also very active in FidoNet) and

        FidoNet! :) My first real email experience, I loved it. I remember getting a 'point' address of my fav BBS based in the UK, the Red Rose BBS (Lancashire).

        <snip>

        all my advanced students learn vi (I'm a vi bigot and I do realize this
        makes me a Bad Person). They all learn command line C followed by

        Not at all, I use vi daily. Personal preference. Nothing wrong with emacs either, although I prefer vi.

        <snip>

        So, long story short, I'm thrilled to be here and thanks for putting up
        with me!

        A great story, thanks for sharing.

        Welcome aboard!

        - Steve