IMSAI paint

  • Richard Cini
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26, 2010
      IMSAI paint All--

          I was able to get a dual 5.25” floppy case on ebay for $10. It’s not vintage, but it’s speckled-painted sheet metal. I figure I could paint the top cover “IMSAI blue” but I wondered if anyone has found a replica color that’s close to the original.

          Any info appreciated. Thanks!

      Rich

      --
      Rich Cini
      Collector of Classic Computers
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 27, 2010
        Richard Cini wrote:
        IMSAI paintAll--

            I was able to get a dual 5.25” floppy case on ebay for $10. It’s not vintage, but it’s speckled-painted sheet metal. I figure I could paint the top cover “IMSAI blue” but I wondered if anyone has found a replica color that’s close to the original.

            Any info appreciated. Thanks!

        Rich
        I remember a thread on cctalk a few years ago about this, with the colors/paint/vendor that can supply/process.

        Bill
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 27, 2010
          http://kotaku.com/5525161/nsfw-computer-tycoon-weds-former-lap-dancer

          Why is this here?
          1. Sir Clive Sinclair made large contributions to the computing world
          2. We can all dream that at 69 we too can marry a 33 y/o   ;P

          Eh good luck to him, better start collecting ZX-80s as he won't have long to live. Not with a wife like that.

        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 27, 2010
            Again I know people get all sorts of bent out of shape about ebay posts, but I KNOW someone is going to want this.

            http://cgi.ebay.com/Commodore-PET-Service-Manual-VGC-Rare-/230467045261

          • brian_cirulnick
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 27, 2010

              > http://kotaku.com/5525161/nsfw-computer-tycoon-weds-former-lap-dancer
              >
              > Why is this here?
              > 1. Sir Clive Sinclair made large contributions to the computing world
              > 2. We can all dream that at 69 we too can marry a 33 y/o   ;P
              >
              > Eh good luck to him, better start collecting ZX-80s as he won't have long to live. Not with a wife like that.

              And neither will she if she's following the pattern of Anna-Nicole-Smith. (i.e. chick with big boobs marries vintage millionaire/billionaire, he kicks off, she spends a lot of time fighting with family over money, and then she dies of drug overdose)