Re: [midatlanticretro] load "star",8 #1

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 9, 2005
      This is the kind of stuff that would help build a research library for the
      museum.

      Jim

      --- Ray Sills <raysills@...> wrote:

      > Hi Bill:
      >
      > I subscribed to Loadstar for a number of years.. I really don't know
      > how many disks I have from them. But, I do know that I did not start
      > at the beginning, so you must really have a "collector's" item in
      > that #1! They did a nice job with their diskette publication.
      >
      > 73 de Ray
      >
      > On Nov 8, 2005, at 9:09 PM, billdeg wrote:
      >
      > > Commodore news:
      > >
      > > Loadstar collectors or veterans?
      > > Loadstar was the great Commodore "electronic" magazine that
      > > subscribers received monthly. Each "issue" contained a diskette
      > > containing programs and articles. Loadstar would provide a second
      > > diskette that subscribers could return postage paid with comments. I
      > > have just for the first time got a copy of Loadstar issue #1...a very
      > > historically important electronic magazine issue. This was a very
      > > well written debut with lots of product reviews and utilities. The
      > > sounds and interface were excellent. Very entertaining.
      > >
      > > Did anyone have a LoadStar subscription while it was active? I have
      > > an incomplete set of the issue disks, collected in dribs and drabs
      > > over the past 4 years or so.
      > >
      > > ---

    • Ray Sills
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 10, 2005
        Hi Jim:

        I'm going to wade my way through the various disks and magazines that
        are currently stored in the basement.
        My thought is that they -would- a good thing to have as part of a
        museum library. I'll try to catalog them and see exactly what I have.

        I was a long time subscriber to Compute and Compute Gazette, along
        with other mags. I know I used to have a bunch of Radio Shack Color
        Computer related magazines, but they were thrown away after they got
        soaked in an unfortunate minor basement flood. (I should have put
        them up on a shelf, rather than leaving them in a box on the
        floor!) : {

        I also have some magazines for Timex-Sinclair machines (Sync, etc)

        73 de Ray

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 10, 2005
          Ray,

          I have a complete (or very nearly complete) set of BYTE Magazine that I plan
          to donate to the museum. Several years ago I gave a bunch of old computer
          magazines to the local public library. Who knew we'd have a museum!?

          I also have a lot of early computer magazines on micro-fiche (sp?) along with
          a reader that I plan to donate - provided they are not damaged from storage
          in the attic.

          Jim