Re: [midatlanticretro] Flags!

  • jaj@totallyamused.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 24, 2010
      I was about to say, "Great job, and no Kinko's bill!!!" And then I get to the "P.S. Justin" part......

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>
      Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 00:00:29 -0400
      To: Yahoo MARCH Yahoo<midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Flags!

      Our (old) MARCH vinyl banner lasted for a few years and eventually wore
      out. So tonight I made some MARCH flags.

      I put our logo and some text in an 17x11 (landscape) file, printed that
      onto bright yellow paper, and make six color copies. Then I put two
      copies back-to-back and laminated them in one sheet. Next I attached
      each two-sided laminated sheet to a 5-ft. section of white PVC, using
      two 1" metal screws and washers. I know it sounded terrible but it
      actually worked out well. I made three sets. The plan is to attach
      them to our tables tomorrow using those squeeze-clamps.

      Blurry cameraphone pic is at http://www.snarc. net/flag. jpg .... I have
      to say they don't stink! We're supposed to have two six-foot-long
      tables tomorrow. It will look cool when visitors see a row of bright
      flags towering above our booth.

      Perhaps some future version can include working blinkenlights!

      I'm also bringing blue tablecloths. (Blue and yellow are the college's
      colors; I only realized that after buying stuff.)

      PS - Justin - my MARCH credit/debit card is no longer a virgin. :)