Flags!

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 23, 2010
      Our (old) MARCH vinyl banner lasted for a few years and eventually wore
      out. So tonight I made some MARCH flags.

      I put our logo and some text in an 17x11 (landscape) file, printed that
      onto bright yellow paper, and make six color copies. Then I put two
      copies back-to-back and laminated them in one sheet. Next I attached
      each two-sided laminated sheet to a 5-ft. section of white PVC, using
      two 1" metal screws and washers. I know it sounded terrible but it
      actually worked out well. I made three sets. The plan is to attach
      them to our tables tomorrow using those squeeze-clamps.

      Blurry cameraphone pic is at http://www.snarc.net/flag.jpg .... I have
      to say they don't stink! We're supposed to have two six-foot-long
      tables tomorrow. It will look cool when visitors see a row of bright
      flags towering above our booth.

      Perhaps some future version can include working blinkenlights!

      I'm also bringing blue tablecloths. (Blue and yellow are the college's
      colors; I only realized that after buying stuff.)

      PS - Justin - my MARCH credit/debit card is no longer a virgin. :)
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 23, 2010
        I also made a big stack of MARCH fliers.

        > Our (old) MARCH vinyl banner lasted for a few years and eventually wore
        > out. So tonight I made some MARCH flags.
      • Bill Dromgoole
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 23, 2010
          I thihk it looks good.
          billdrom

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 23, 2010
            Thanks. I used some self-deprecating humor there because I'm not known
            for my construction skills. :) I'm sure some MARCHins such as Mr. <
            censored >, Mr. < censored >, and Mr. < censored > will find things to
            criticize about it!

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 24, 2010
              Evan Koblentz wrote:
              > Thanks. I used some self-deprecating humor there because I'm not known
              > for my construction skills. :) I'm sure some MARCHins such as Mr. <
              > censored >, Mr. < censored >, and Mr. < censored > will find things to
              > criticize about it!

              Thanks for doing this you < censored >
            • jaj@totallyamused.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 24, 2010
                I was about to say, "Great job, and no Kinko's bill!!!" And then I get to the "P.S. Justin" part......

                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T