retroarchive.org?

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 23, 2010
      Is there a mirror for retroarchive.org?
      Thanks
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 23, 2010
        I never heard of that site.

        > Is there a mirror for retroarchive.org?
        > Thanks
        > Bill
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 23, 2010
          On Fri, 23 Apr 2010, Evan Koblentz wrote:

          > I never heard of that site.

          That's Gene Buckle's site for ancient commercial software (mostly
          CP/M).

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 23, 2010
            B Degnan wrote:
            Is there a mirror for retroarchive.org?

            WHOIS says that expires this year on Oct.30,2010
            <crossing finger>

            People, Start your engines downloading !!

            =Dan

          • Bill Degnan
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 23, 2010
              Is it permanently down, or just temporarily down?
              Bill

              > On Fri, 23 Apr 2010, Evan Koblentz wrote:
              >
              > > I never heard of that site.
              >
              > That's Gene Buckle's site for ancient commercial software (mostly
              > CP/M).
              >
              > Mike Loewen mloewen@...

            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 23, 2010
                On Fri, 23 Apr 2010, Bill Degnan wrote:

                > Is it permanently down, or just temporarily down?

                Unknown. I just sent him a note, but he's in Washington state and may
                not be up.

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
              • ysgdhio
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 23, 2010
                  > Is it permanently down, or just temporarily down?

                  Temporarily.

                  I caught Gene on IRC this morning and found out:
                  (a) he wasn't aware that the site was down,
                  (b) the site is hosted by Jay West and
                  (c) Gene is in contact with Jay to get the site back up.

                  That is all. :)
                • evan@snarc.net
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 23, 2010
                    >>> in contact with Jay to get the site back up.

                    So it should be fixed sometime around the year 2046. :)
                  • Bill Degnan
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 23, 2010
                      I don't know, those darn private hosting companies...oh wait nevermind.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 23, 2010
                        On Fri, 23 Apr 2010, ysgdhio wrote:

                        > Temporarily.

                        It's online, again.

                        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                      • Bill Degnan
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 23, 2010
                          thanks. I have a student working on a Kaypro 4, not making much progress,
                          needs the manuals. sigh.
                          bd

                            > thanks. I have a student working on a Kaypro 4, not making much progress,
                            > needs the manuals. sigh.

                            http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/kaypro/

                            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                          • Bill Degnan
                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 23, 2010
                              that's the link that lead to this thread about the site, thanks
                              bd