OT: Amusing circuit Diagram

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 21, 2010
      I know there are some of you that will find this most amusing.

      http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/circuit_diagram.png
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 21, 2010
        Christian Liendo wrote:
        > I know there are some of you that will find this most amusing.
        >
        > http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/circuit_diagram.pn

        Now that should be a T-Shirt !!

        =Dan
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 21, 2010
          On Wed, 21 Apr 2010, Bob Applegate wrote:

          > I asked our hardware group for cost/time estimates for a prototype build. They're meeting in the lab discussing it right now :)

          Someone already did it:

          http://grumpygamer.com/images/HomeComputerFake.jpg

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 21, 2010
            Nice! I will print this and bring it to tonight's InfoAge meeting.

            My favorite part is where it says, "Not a resistor; wire just does this."

            > I know there are some of you that will find this most amusing.
            >
            > http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/circuit_diagram.png
          • Bob Applegate
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 21, 2010
              Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote :

              > Christian Liendo wrote:
              > I know there are some of you that will find this most amusing.

              I asked our hardware group for cost/time estimates for a prototype build. They're meeting in the lab discussing it right now :)

              ___________________________________
              NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
            • Bob Applegate
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 21, 2010
                Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote :

                > On Wed, 21 Apr 2010, Bob Applegate wrote:
                >
                > I asked our hardware group for cost/time estimates for a prototype build. They're meeting in the lab discussing it right now :)

                I got a response:

                "Pretty quick once we get the Software Interface Document that shows how the software interacts with the system."

                ___________________________________
                NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
              • ysgdhio
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 21, 2010
                  --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:
                  > Now that should be a T-Shirt !!

                  That's a possibility.
                  It's happened before: http://store.xkcd.com/

                  (I own a "sudo" shirt)

                  Andy
                • ysgdhio
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 21, 2010
                    > My favorite part is where it says, "Not a resistor; wire just does this."

                    I know of a particular radio receiver design where one wire wraps around another to form a small capacitor. If you happen to move that wire, one of the features stops working.