RE: [midatlanticretro] One last time: who's attending work day this Saturday

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 9, 2005
      >>> Do you think more people will be useful or due to space or something we
      will be getting in each others way?

      More people is better.  Moreover, you'll enjoy seeing the facility where our museum and VCF East will happen.

      >>> Did they get the rest of the collection?

      I think that's imminent, and I expect to hear from Fred about this in the nexy day or two.

      >>> Should I bring a laptop also or is writing it down on paper best?

      Totally up to you.  An electronic record will be simpler because it'll all got to be put in a database eventually, but using your laptop in a basement with a hard floor and all might not be a good idea.

      Yes.  Just in case, here's a photo from when it was the brand-new Marconi headquartes in 1914: http://infoage.org/images/wa7ht-2.jpg ... today there's a tall fence around it, but the building looks almost identical.  Facing the building from Marconi Rd., park in the lot to the right side.  Then enter through the front door and follow the directions to the basement as described in my previous email.

      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 9, 2005
        I can't actually guarantee I'll be there, but chances
        are high. And of course if I am...I'll be late ;).
        Unemployed hobos like me like to sleep late.
        As to what to bring, I don't have a clue. If anyone
        is specifically interested in a Tandy 1000...a ONE
        followed by 3 ZEROS...I could bring that along, just
        so I don't seem like a stiff. I don't really have that
        much that anyone would want really. Anything non-pc is
        basically in need of total overhaul. I think I have
        some DEC books, but I'd even have to check that. I'm
        open to suggestions.
        Evan, just to be clear, we're talking about the
        "hotel" where we met during the summer?

        __________________________________
        http://farechase.yahoo.com
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 23 , Nov 9, 2005
          >>> "hotel" where we met during the summer?
          Yup.

          Message 4 of 23 , Nov 9, 2005
            David,
            If you want I can meet you outside at 11 if you want, there's a PDP/8
            waiting for you...
            Bill

            At 05:31 PM 11/9/2005 -0500, you wrote:
            > > Anyone else? (See list below)
            > >
            >I was debating since its 4 hours one way so couldn't make it till 11 and would
            >want to be driving home by 6.
            >
            >Do you think more people will be useful or due to space or something we
            >will be getting in each others way?
            >
            >Did they get the rest of the collection?
            >
            >I saw the bring camera. Should I bring a laptop also or is writing it
            >down on paper best? Anything else useful to bring?
            >
            > > What you do instead (for those who haven't been to InfoAge already)
            > > is enter the main building
            > >
            >Is it obvious which the main building is?
            >
            >David Gesswein
            >http://www.pdp8.net/ -- Run an old computer with blinkenlights
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • David Gesswein
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 9, 2005
              > If you want I can meet you outside at 11 if you want, there's a PDP/8
              > waiting for you...

              I suspect my arrival time isn't going to be predictable enough to make that
              worthwhile.

              Do you know which model 8?
            • John Allain
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 9, 2005
                > I think I have some DEC books, but I'd even have to check that.
                > I'm open to suggestions.

                Chris,
                When John M. packed up the DECMate books there were a lot
                of 2-of-a-kinds. If you could bring the dupes for me, that could
                equal a nice contribution/donation.
                John A.
                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 9, 2005
                  I do not. It was dark, I assume it was a PDP/8 but I did not write it
                  down. There's a chance that it's not even a PDP/8...anyone remember?
                  bd

                  At 09:06 PM 11/9/2005 -0500, you wrote:
                  > > If you want I can meet you outside at 11 if you want, there's a PDP/8
                  > > waiting for you...
                  > >
                  >I suspect my arrival time isn't going to be predictable enough to make that
                  >worthwhile.
                  >
                  >Do you know which model 8?
                  >

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Evan
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 9, 2005
                    David, I'm confused, do you still plan to attend?

                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 10, 2005
                      > David, I'm confused, do you still plan to attend?

                      Yes. The not worthwhile was for somebody standing around outside waiting for
                      me to show up since my arrival time is likely to be somewhat unpredictable.