S.C. Digital S-100 RAM

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 15 8:03 PM
      Dan and Bill Drom.

      In Byte Dec 1980 on page 277 there are two cards that look like the SC RAM
      cards from the CP/M workshop. The company is out of Aurora, IL. Small
      company. Did I remember correctly the co name on those cards?
      bd
    • jack99rubin
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 16 7:49 AM
        Bill,

        When you get a chance, please post a scan of the board or the ad. A fellow named Forrest Dustin from this area made an early S100 RAM card but I don't remember if he even had a company name. I have some data sheets for one of his cards and might be able to match something up. He was in pretty early so his cards probably were 8 or 16K. Ackerman Digital was another local company but they were out of Elk Grove Village, IL and I'm not sure if they made a RAM card. They did make a very nice PROM programmer, a voice card and a 6809 CPU board.

        Jack

        > Dan and Bill Drom.
        >
        > In Byte Dec 1980 on page 277 there are two cards that look like the SC RAM
        > cards from the CP/M workshop. The company is out of Aurora, IL. Small
        > company. Did I remember correctly the co name on those cards?
        > bd

      • Bill Degnan
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 16 8:00 AM
          Will do. It's a small ad (8th of a page), you can't get visual details but
          the general card specs are listed. The card I saw last weekend was
          according to Dan Roganti the "handmade" method of PCB creation, so we were
          thinking it was an older card.

          Maybe Dan can scan the board (or is it Bill Dromgooles?) It's not mine, I
          don't have it.

          Bill

          > When you get a chance, please post a scan of the board or the ad. A
          fellow named Forrest Dustin from this area made an early S100 RAM card but
          I don't remember if he even had a company name. I have some data sheets for
          one of his cards and might be able to match something up. He was in pretty
          early so his cards probably were 8 or 16K. Ackerman Digital was another
          local company but they were out of Elk Grove Village, IL and I'm not sure
          if they made a RAM card. They did make a very nice PROM programmer, a voice
          card and a 6809 CPU board.

          > Jack
          >
          > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Degnan" <billdeg@...>
          wrote:

          > > Dan and Bill Drom.
          > >
          > > In Byte Dec 1980 on page 277 there are two cards that look like the SC
          RAM
          > > cards from the CP/M workshop. The company is out of Aurora, IL. Small

          > > company. Did I remember correctly the co name on those cards?
          > > bd

        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 16 8:18 AM
            I recall Bill D.#2 having an early Godbout 4KB Memory card, this is had the prototype look("handmade") since it doesn't have the green mask and white silkscreen that you see on a production bd -- just a way to save money back then.
            I can't recall who had the S.C. Memory card.

            =Dan

            Bill Degnan wrote:
            > Will do. It's a small ad (8th of a page), you can't get visual details but
            > the general card specs are listed. The card I saw last weekend was
            > according to Dan Roganti the "handmade" method of PCB creation, so we were
            > thinking it was an older card.
            >
            > Maybe Dan can scan the board (or is it Bill Dromgooles?) It's not mine, I
            > don't have it.
            >
            > Bill

          • Bill Dromgoole
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 16 8:23 AM
              It's not my card, must belong to Dan.

              billdrom

              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 16 8:52 AM
                Bill Dromgoole,

                you had the homebrew "wooden" S-100 system right ?
                and the Godbout 4KB memory card that looked like a prototype, right ?

                I didn't have the SC Memory card, I can't recall who did

                =Dan

                Dan Roganti wrote:
                > I recall Bill D.#2 having an early Godbout 4KB Memory card, this is had the prototype look("handmade") since it doesn't have the green mask and white silkscreen that you see on a production bd -- just a way to save money back then.
                > I can't recall who had the S.C. Memory card.
                >
                > =Dan
                >

                > Bill Degnan wrote:
                >> Will do. It's a small ad (8th of a page), you can't get visual details but
                >> the general card specs are listed. The card I saw last weekend was
                >> according to Dan Roganti the "handmade" method of PCB creation, so we were
                >> thinking it was an older card.
                >>
                >> Maybe Dan can scan the board (or is it Bill Dromgooles?) It's not mine, I
                >> don't have it.
                >>
                >> Bill

              • Bill Dromgoole
                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 16 11:13 AM
                  Yes, I have the wooden S-100 system and the 4K Godbout memory board.
                  I don't remember seeing the SC memory card.

                  Dan Roganti wrote:
                  > I recall Bill D.#2 having an early Godbout 4KB Memory card, this is had the
                  > prototype look("handmade") since it doesn't have the green mask and white
                  > silkscreen that you see on a production bd -- just a way to save money back
                  > then.
                  > I can't recall who had the S.C. Memory card.
                  >
                  > =Dan
                  >

                  > Bill Degnan wrote:
                  >> Will do. It's a small ad (8th of a page), you can't get visual details but
                  >> the general card specs are listed. The card I saw last weekend was
                  >> according to Dan Roganti the "handmade" method of PCB creation, so we were
                  >> thinking it was an older card.
                  >>
                  >> Maybe Dan can scan the board (or is it Bill Dromgooles?) It's not mine, I
                  >> don't have it.
                  >>
                  >> Bill

                • Bill Degnan
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 16 11:26 AM
                    That must have been Dan's (that's what I thought). I really like that
                    Godbout board, very historic
                    bd

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 26 3:56 PM
                      Posted to

                      http://vintagecomputer.net/SCDigtial/SCDigital-Ad_ByteDec1980p277.pdf

                      Bill

                      jack99rubin wrote:
                      > Bill,
                      >
                      > When you get a chance, please post a scan of the board or the ad. A fellow named Forrest Dustin from this area made an early S100 RAM card but I don't remember if he even had a company name. I have some data sheets for one of his cards and might be able to match something up. He was in pretty early so his cards probably were 8 or 16K. Ackerman Digital was another local company but they were out of Elk Grove Village, IL and I'm not sure if they made a RAM card. They did make a very nice PROM programmer, a voice card and a 6809 CPU board.
                      >
                      > Jack
                      >
                      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
                      >
                      >> Dan and Bill Drom.
                      >>
                      >> In Byte Dec 1980 on page 277 there are two cards that look like the SC RAM
                      >> cards from the CP/M workshop. The company is out of Aurora, IL. Small
                      >> company. Did I remember correctly the co name on those cards?
                      >> bd

                    • B Degnan
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 26 3:59 PM
                        B Degnan wrote:

[...]