Re: [midatlanticretro] Damn, bad timing!!

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
      I have to admit Im interested in the subjects that
      will be brought up, but Ill bet any technical
      discussions will be on the level of layman to say the
      least. Not that Im any whiz-bang though.
      --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      <evan947@...> wrote:
      > I just read this on the NJARC list:
      >
      > -------------------------
      > This Saturday, November 12, from noon to 2:30 in the
      Sarnoff Corporation
      > Auditorium, we will host "The Great Inventions in
      Central New Jersey" for
      > the Princeton-Central Jersey section of the
      Institute of Electronic and
      > Electrical Engineers (IEEE).
      >
      > Jack Stanley, Director of Edison Museum at Menlo
      Park will describe and
      > demonstrate some of Thomas Edison's inventions
      created at his first, and
      > most significant invention factory, including the
      phonograph.

      > Alex Magoun , Director of David Sarnoff Library will
      give an illustrated
      > lecture on "The RCA Origins of Everyday Things":
      color TV, video displays,
      > video cameras, semiconductors, and computers. The
      David Sarnoff Library
      > will also be open to tours showing many of the
      technologies seen and
      > discussed on-screen.
      >
      > David Hochfelder, Thomas Alva Edison Papers, will
      lead a walk through the
      > IEEE History Center's online museum and the
      wonderful store of documents
      > online at the Edison Papers website.
      >
      > Thanks to the sponsoring local chapter of the IEEE,
      there will be
      pcjs.event@... to ensure there is
      > food for all. Please put "RSVP INVENTIONS" in the
      subject. ###
      > ---------------------------
      >
      > Why'd the have to pick this Saturday, it sounds like
      a fun event! Oh well.
      > I will forward any post-event summaries from that.

      __________________________________
      http://farechase.yahoo.com
    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
        Chris M wrote:

        >I have to admit Im interested in the subjects that
        >will be brought up, but Ill bet any technical
        >discussions will be on the level of layman to say the
        >least. Not that Im any whiz-bang though.
        >--- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
        ><evan947@...> wrote:
        >

        >>I just read this on the NJARC list:
        >>
        >>-------------------------
        >>This Saturday, November 12, from noon to 2:30 in the
        >>

        >Sarnoff Corporation
        >

        >>Auditorium, we will host "The Great Inventions in
        >>

        >Central New Jersey" for
        >

        >>the Princeton-Central Jersey section of the
        >>

        >Institute of Electronic and
        >

        >>Electrical Engineers (IEEE).
        >>
        >>Jack Stanley, Director of Edison Museum at Menlo
        >>

        >Park will describe and
        >

        >>demonstrate some of Thomas Edison's inventions
        >>

        >created at his first, and
        >

        >>most significant invention factory, including the
        >>

        >phonograph.
        >

        >>Alex Magoun , Director of David Sarnoff Library will
        >>

        >give an illustrated
        >

        >>lecture on "The RCA Origins of Everyday Things":
        >>

        >color TV, video displays,
        >

        >>video cameras, semiconductors, and computers. The
        >>

        >David Sarnoff Library
        >

        >>will also be open to tours showing many of the
        >>

        >technologies seen and
        >

        >>discussed on-screen.
        >>
        >>David Hochfelder, Thomas Alva Edison Papers, will
        >>

        >lead a walk through the
        >

        >>IEEE History Center's online museum and the
        >>

        >wonderful store of documents
        >

        >>online at the Edison Papers website.
        >>
        >>Thanks to the sponsoring local chapter of the IEEE,
        >>

        >there will be
        >

        >>refreshments, but you should RSVP to
        >>

        >pcjs.event@... to ensure there is
        >

        >>food for all. Please put "RSVP INVENTIONS" in the
        >>

        >subject. ###
        >

        >>---------------------------
        >>
        >>Why'd the have to pick this Saturday, it sounds like
        >>

        >a fun event! Oh well.
        >

        >>I will forward any post-event summaries from that.

        >>Evan Koblentz's personal homepage:
        >>

        >http://www.snarc.net
        >

        >>Computer Collector Newsletter:
        >>

        >http://news.computercollector.com

        That reallys sucks. But, Wall is much closer to me than Edison, so I
        know where I'll be.