whats on your modern PC desktop - vintage computer?

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
      I usually have a picture of whatever vintage computer I'm working on as my
      desktop background. I assume many of you do the same things.

      Here are some favorites you might also like:

      http://vintagecomputer.net/friden/Friden_Model132_display.JPG
      http://vintagecomputer.net/sinclair/sinclair_zx81.jpg (good for netbooks)
      http://vintagecomputer.net/digital/pdp8i/Digital_PDP8i_c.JPG
      http://vintagecomputer.net/digital/PDP11-05/EM_8Kx16_Planar_Memory_913487-A0
      2_side2.jpg
      etc.
      etc.
      etc

      If you search my web site by manufacturer, there are hundreds of pictures:
      http://vintagecomputer.net/directory.cfm

      Bill
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
        On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, Bill Degnan wrote:

        > I usually have a picture of whatever vintage computer I'm working on as my
        > desktop background. I assume many of you do the same things.

        I usually can't SEE my desktop background, with 8 virtual desktops and
        up to 3 terminal windows open on each one. However, this is what's
        current:

        http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/skyOne1.jpg

        Points to anyone who recognizes it. :-)

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
          Mike Loewen wrote:

          > http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/skyOne1.jpg
          >
          > Points to anyone who recognizes it. :-)

          THUNDERBIRDS to the Rescue !!
          Thunderbird 1 = Hypersonic variable geometry rocket plane
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
            On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, Dan Roganti wrote:

            > Mike Loewen wrote:
            >>
            >> http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/skyOne1.jpg
            >>
            >> Points to anyone who recognizes it. :-)
            >>

            > THUNDERBIRDS to the Rescue !!
            > Thunderbird 1 = Hypersonic variable geometry rocket plane

            Close, but no cigar (wrong series).

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010

              Mike Loewen wrote:

              http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/skyOne1.jpg

                  Points to anyone who recognizes it.  :-)

              THUNDERBIRDS to the Rescue !!
              Thunderbird 1 = Hypersonic variable geometry rocket plane

                  Close, but no cigar (wrong series).

              doh ! my bad, wrong #1  :)

              UFO
              SkyDiver 1

              =Dan

            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
                On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, Dan Roganti wrote:

                > doh ! my bad, wrong #1 :)
                >
                > UFO
                > SkyDiver 1

                We have a wiener!

                http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/skydiverOnSurface.jpg

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
              • brian_cirulnick
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010

                  > http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/skyOne1.jpg
                  >
                  > Points to anyone who recognizes it. :-)
                  ----------------

                  You're kidding, right? I'm willing to bet some people here are card-carrying members of Fanderson.

                  And UFO is one of my fave's -- got the whole series on DVD. Chicks with purple hair, the funkiest soundtrack ever, and lots and lots of Derek Meddings stuff blowing up big time.
                • Mike Loewen
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
                    On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, brian_cirulnick wrote:

                    > You're kidding, right? I'm willing to bet some people here are card-carrying members of Fanderson.
                    >
                    > And UFO is one of my fave's -- got the whole series on DVD. Chicks with purple hair, the funkiest soundtrack ever, and lots and lots of Derek Meddings stuff blowing up big time.

                    I knew some of you guys would get it. As far as Anderson series go, I
                    have (on DVD):

                    Supercar
                    Fireball XL5
                    Stingray
                    Captain Scarlet
                    Thunderbirds
                    UFO

                    Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                  • Mike Loewen
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
                      On Tue, 13 Apr 2010, Mike Loewen wrote:

                      > I knew some of you guys would get it. As far as Anderson series go, I
                      > have (on DVD):
                      >
                      > Supercar
                      > Fireball XL5
                      > Stingray