New computer history video podcast

  • David
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
      Hi everyone, I am very happy to announce what I hope to be the start of a very regular show - The Classic Computing Show / video podcast. (Oh, good one David, you couldn't even keep an audio show going, and now you're gonna do a video one?!) I actually think doing video vs. audio is my forte though.

      Anyway, I'm still working on publishing a larger screen edition, getting it into iTunes, updating my blog, writing show notes, etc., but I'm just so excited to get it done and "out there."

      This week's feature is the Apple Lisa!

      MARCH is mentioned too!

      I hope everyone will enjoy, tell the world and please give me some feedback! Thanks.

      http://web.me.com/dgreelish/The_Classic_Computing_Show/Podcast/Podc...

      Best,

      David Greelish, Computer Historian

      www.ClassicComputing.com
      The Home of Computer History Nostalgia

      Classic Computing Show
      video podcast

      Stan Veit's History of the Personal Computer
      audio book podcast

      Classic Computing Expo
      (planning / working towards late summer 2010
    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
        David,
        I watched your podcast. I like the graphics and pictures. Looks like you
        put a lot of time into it. Let us know when the next one will be
        available.
        Bill Degnan

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
          Video was very choppy. How can I download the whole file?

          > Hi everyone, I am very happy to announce what I hope to be the start of a very regular show - The Classic Computing Show / video podcast. (Oh, good one David, you couldn't even keep an audio show going, and now you're gonna do a video one?!) I actually think doing video vs. audio is my forte though.
          >
          > Anyway, I'm still working on publishing a larger screen edition, getting it into iTunes, updating my blog, writing show notes, etc., but I'm just so excited to get it done and "out there."
          >
          > This week's feature is the Apple Lisa!
          >
          > MARCH is mentioned too!
          >
          > I hope everyone will enjoy, tell the world and please give me some feedback! Thanks.
          >
          > http://web.me.com/dgreelish/The_Classic_Computing_Show/Podcast/Podc...
          >
          > Best,
          >
          > David Greelish, Computer Historian
          >
          > www.ClassicComputing.com
          > The Home of Computer History Nostalgia
          >
          > Classic Computing Show
          > video podcast
          >
          > Stan Veit's History of the Personal Computer
          > audio book podcast
          >
          > Classic Computing Expo
          > (planning / working towards late summer 2010

        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
            Yea, the video stream kept breaking on me, I couldn't watch it at all.

            Any reason you can't put this on you tube?
          • David
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 13, 2010
                Much better. I was able to download that version and watch it locally
                without any buffering.

                Thanks for mentioning MARCH.

                Re: your "What is it?" segment -- I immediately recognized that -- it's
                an Go Corp. / AT&T EO. Not sure if that's the 440 or 880 version. Do I
                win a prize? :)

                > Please try this link: http://www.classiccomputing.com/Classic_Computing/CC1.m4v
              • Christian Liendo
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 14, 2010

                  http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/04/remembering_ed_roberts_the_father_o.html

                • David
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 3 4:50 PM
                    Everyone and anyone, my second show is produced! http://www.classiccomputing.com/CC/Blog/Blog.html
                    I'm not going to post everytime I create one, so this is the last time. Would appreciate any feedback! Thanks.

                    Best,

                    David Greelish, Computer Historian

                    Classic Computing
                    The Home of Computer History Nostalgia

                    Classic Computing Show video podcast
                    http://www.classiccomputing.com/CC/Blog/Blog.html

                    Stan Veit's History of the Personal Computer audio book podcast
                    http://web.mac.com/tgreelish/iWeb/Cl...an%20Veit.html

                    Classic Computing Expo
                    (planning / working towards . . . well, soon!)
                  • David
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 3 4:54 PM
                      Stan Veit's History of the Personal Computer audio book podcast

                      http://web.mac.com/tgreelish/iWeb/ClassicComputingPodcast/Stan%20Veit/Stan%20Veit.html