Damn, bad timing!!

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
      I just read this on the NJARC list:

      -------------------------
      This Saturday, November 12, from noon to 2:30 in the Sarnoff Corporation
      Auditorium, we will host "The Great Inventions in Central New Jersey" for
      the Princeton-Central Jersey section of the Institute of Electronic and
      Electrical Engineers (IEEE).

      Jack Stanley, Director of Edison Museum at Menlo Park will describe and
      demonstrate some of Thomas Edison's inventions created at his first, and
      most significant invention factory, including the phonograph.

      Alex Magoun , Director of David Sarnoff Library will give an illustrated
      lecture on "The RCA Origins of Everyday Things": color TV, video displays,
      video cameras, semiconductors, and computers. The David Sarnoff Library
      will also be open to tours showing many of the technologies seen and
      discussed on-screen.

      David Hochfelder, Thomas Alva Edison Papers, will lead a walk through the
      IEEE History Center's online museum and the wonderful store of documents
      online at the Edison Papers website.

      Thanks to the sponsoring local chapter of the IEEE, there will be
      refreshments, but you should RSVP to pcjs.event@... to ensure there is
      food for all. Please put "RSVP INVENTIONS" in the subject. ###
      ---------------------------

      Why'd the have to pick this Saturday, it sounds like a fun event! Oh well.
      I will forward any post-event summaries from that.

    • Chris M
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
        I have to admit Im interested in the subjects that
        will be brought up, but Ill bet any technical
        discussions will be on the level of layman to say the
        least. Not that Im any whiz-bang though.
        --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
        <evan947@...> wrote:
        > I just read this on the NJARC list:
        >
        > -------------------------
        > This Saturday, November 12, from noon to 2:30 in the
        Sarnoff Corporation
        > Auditorium, we will host "The Great Inventions in
        Central New Jersey" for
        > the Princeton-Central Jersey section of the
        Institute of Electronic and
        > Electrical Engineers (IEEE).
        >
        > Jack Stanley, Director of Edison Museum at Menlo
        Park will describe and
        > demonstrate some of Thomas Edison's inventions
        created at his first, and
        > most significant invention factory, including the
        phonograph.

        > Alex Magoun , Director of David Sarnoff Library will
        give an illustrated
        > lecture on "The RCA Origins of Everyday Things":
        color TV, video displays,
        > video cameras, semiconductors, and computers. The
        David Sarnoff Library
        > will also be open to tours showing many of the
        technologies seen and
        > discussed on-screen.
        >
        > David Hochfelder, Thomas Alva Edison Papers, will
        lead a walk through the
        > IEEE History Center's online museum and the
        wonderful store of documents
        > online at the Edison Papers website.
        >
        > Thanks to the sponsoring local chapter of the IEEE,
        there will be
        > refreshments, but you should RSVP to
        pcjs.event@... to ensure there is
        > food for all. Please put "RSVP INVENTIONS" in the
        subject. ###
        > ---------------------------
        >
        > Why'd the have to pick this Saturday, it sounds like
        a fun event! Oh well.
        > I will forward any post-event summaries from that.

        __________________________________
        http://farechase.yahoo.com
      • Joe Giliberti
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 8, 2005
          Chris M wrote:

          >I have to admit Im interested in the subjects that
          >will be brought up, but Ill bet any technical
          >discussions will be on the level of layman to say the
          >least. Not that Im any whiz-bang though.
          >--- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
          ><evan947@...> wrote:
          >

          >>I just read this on the NJARC list:
          >>
          >>-------------------------
          >>This Saturday, November 12, from noon to 2:30 in the
          >>

          >Sarnoff Corporation
          >

          >>Auditorium, we will host "The Great Inventions in
          >>

          >Central New Jersey" for
          >

          >>the Princeton-Central Jersey section of the
          >>

          >Institute of Electronic and
          >

          >>Electrical Engineers (IEEE).
          >>
          >>Jack Stanley, Director of Edison Museum at Menlo
          >>

          >Park will describe and
          >

          >>demonstrate some of Thomas Edison's inventions
          >>

          >created at his first, and
          >

          >>most significant invention factory, including the
          >>

          >phonograph.
          >

          >>Alex Magoun , Director of David Sarnoff Library will
          >>

          >give an illustrated
          >

          >>lecture on "The RCA Origins of Everyday Things":
          >>

          >color TV, video displays,
          >

          >>video cameras, semiconductors, and computers. The
          >>

          >David Sarnoff Library
          >

          >>will also be open to tours showing many of the
          >>

          >technologies seen and
          >

          >>discussed on-screen.
          >>
          >>David Hochfelder, Thomas Alva Edison Papers, will
          >>

          >lead a walk through the
          >

          >>IEEE History Center's online museum and the
          >>

          >wonderful store of documents
          >

          >>online at the Edison Papers website.
          >>
          >>Thanks to the sponsoring local chapter of the IEEE,
          >>

          >there will be
          >

          >>refreshments, but you should RSVP to
          >>

          >pcjs.event@... to ensure there is
          >

          >>food for all. Please put "RSVP INVENTIONS" in the
          >>

          >subject. ###
          >

          >>---------------------------
          >>
          >>Why'd the have to pick this Saturday, it sounds like
          >>

          >a fun event! Oh well.
          >

          >>I will forward any post-event summaries from that.

          >>Evan Koblentz's personal homepage:
          >>

          >http://www.snarc.net
          >

          >>Computer Collector Newsletter:
          >>

          >http://news.computercollector.com

          That reallys sucks. But, Wall is much closer to me than Edison, so I
          know where I'll be.