CP/M Workshop...a few photos

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 11 5:22 PM
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 11 6:25 PM
        Congrats on another successful workshop!

        > http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread_record.cfm?id=310&tid=2
      • Richard Cini
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 11 6:48 PM
          Re: [midatlanticretro] CP/M Workshop...a few photos On 4/11/10 9:25 PM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

          Congrats on another successful workshop!
          > http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread_record.cfm?id=310&tid=2

          It was a lot of fun to do. I have one slide deck which I used for the session which I will eventually post. Based on feedback from the workshop, I’m going to work on a second version called “CP/M Bootstrapping -- The Missing Manual”. The first slide deck had historical perspective and a higher-level look at the process of bringing up a system when you don’t have original system disks. The Missing Manual will focus more on the mechanics for people who haven’t built CP/M before and devote more time to discussing trade-offs between methods.

          Rich

          --
          Rich Cini
          Collector of Classic Computers
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 11 7:47 PM
          • Dan Roganti
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 11 8:29 PM

              Richard Cini wrote:
              Re: [midatlanticretro] CP/M Workshop...a few photos It was a lot of fun to do. I have one slide deck which I used for the session which I will eventually post. Based on feedback from the workshop, I’m going to work on a second version called “CP/M Bootstrapping -- The Missing Manual”. The first slide deck had historical perspective and a higher-level look at the process of bringing up a system when you don’t have original system disks. The Missing Manual will focus more on the mechanics for people who haven’t built CP/M before and devote more time to discussing trade-offs between methods.

              Yes, I really enjoyed the in depth look at the guts of the CP/M. I'm glad we had a good amount of attendance for this first one. I only wish there were more hours in the day--this workshop could really take 2 days(or all night) to fully explore inside the CP/M OS together with the hands-on training. I think you should keep the first version still, something to reference to later on.
              Maybe with the 2nd version you'll make and a future workshop for those that missed it, we could jump right into the hands-on training at the start of the workshop by sitting in front of our systems during your presentation and practicing the steps --in real time-- as you go along in order to grasp the mechanics of building the CP/M - that could compress the time factor somewhat.

              =Dan

            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 12 5:59 AM
                Here is a list of the documentation which accompanied the batch of S100
                boards I posted. If there's a single-digit number in parentheses at the
                end of a line, that means I have multiple copies and would be open to
                trade for them. I already scanned the Biotech Electronics and Wildfire
                Systems Group manuals and sent them to Al Kossow for Bitsavers.

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...

                Artec WW-100 Parts Layout and Schematic

                Biotech Electronics:
                BCG-800 Assembly/Test Manual (2)
                CGS-808 Intelligent Color Graphics Software Manual (2)
                CGS-808 Intelligent Color Graphics Hardware Manual

                Bullet Electronics PS-15 Power Supply Kit

                CompuPro:
                Econoram II data sheet
                Econoram IIa User's Manual
                Econoram IV User's Manual (copy)
                Econoram VIIa User's Manual (copy)
                Spectrum User's Manual

                Cromemco:
                BYTESAVER Assembly Manual
                BYTESAVER Instruction Manual (copy)

                Digital Research:
                32K S-100 EEPROM/Static RAM Four Function Board (copy)
                An Introduction to CP/M Features and Facilities (1978) (4)
                CP/M Alteration Guide (1978) (3)
                CP/M Assembler (ASM) User's Guide (1978) (4)
                CP/M Interface Guide (1978) (2)
                CP/M 2 Interface Guide (1979)
                CP/M 2.2 Alteration Guide (1979)
                CP/M 2.2 Interface Guide (1979)
                CP/M 2.2 User's Guide (1979) (2)
                CP/M Dynamic Debugging Tool (DDT) User's Guide (1978) (4)
                ED: A Context Editor for the CP/M Disk System User's Manual (1978) (4)
                Sound Command Language for S-100 Sound Effects Board

                Epoch Data Devices EDD 1001 EPROM Programmer User's Manual
                Fairchild Applications Note 351 - May 1980 - Microprocessor-GPIB Interfacing with the 96LS488
                Ferguson Bigboard PFM-80 Users Manual
                Godbout Expandable Low Power EROM Board
                IMSAI Schematic Diagram MIO Rev. 2 11/76

                Intel:
                Intel 8202A Dynamic RAM Controller Datasheet
                Intel 8203 64K Dynamic RAM Controller Datasheet

                Micro-Computer Laboratory, Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey CA BASIC-E Reference Manual
                Motorola Micro Chroma 68 - The New "BUG" from Motorola TVBUG
                Polymorphic Systems Logic Diagram Video

                Processor Technology:
                Software #1 Source Listing
                5K BASIC (Software #2) Source Listing

                SD Systems:
                Catalog (2)
                Dealer Newsletter Vol. 1 No. 1 Sept. 28, 1979
                Dealer Newsletter Vol. 1 No. 2 Oct. 25, 1978
                Disk Operating System (SDOS) Users Guide
                ExpandoRAM Operations Manual
                ExpandoRAM User's Manual
                ExpandoRAM II Operations Manual (copy)
                ExpandoRAM II Unit Publication (copy)
                PROM-100 Operations Manual (copy)
                SBC-100 Operations Manual (copy)
                SBC-100 Single Board Computer User's Manual (copy)
                SD Monitor Program Operations Manual (copy)
                Technical Bulletin: No. 104 - April 1980
                Technical Bulletin: No. 105 - April 1980
                Technical Bulletin: No. 106 - June 1980
                Technical Bulletin: No. 107 - June 1980
                Technical Bulletin: No. 108 - June 1980
                Technical Bulletin: No. 110 - July 1980
                Technical Bulletin: No. 111 - July 1980
                Technical Bulletin: No. 112 - July 1980
                Text Editor, Z80 Global Assembler, Linker Operations Manual
                VDB-8024 Operations Manual (copy)
                Versafloppy Floppy Disk Controller Operations Manual (copy)
                Versafloppy II Floppy Disk Controller Operations Manual

                Shugart:
                SA400 minifloppy Diskette Storage Drive OEM Manual
                SA800/801 Diskette Storage Drive OEM Manual

                Siemens:
                Floppy Disk Drive FDD 100-8 Technical Manual Volume 1 (copy)
                Floppy Disk Drive FDD 100-8 Technical Manual Volume 2 Models A and B (copy)

                Solid State Music:
                MB6A - 8K Static RAM Board (2)
                PB1 2708/2716 Programmer & 4K/8K EPROM Board (2)
                VB1 Video Interface
                VB1B Video Board
                VB1B Video Board (copy)
                VB3 80 Character Video Interface

                Sublogic:
                3D-Graphics Interface to the Biotech CGS-808 (with WP-1) w/disk
                Three Dimensional Microcomputer Graphics 8080/Z80 Assembly Language

                Technical Design Labs System Monitor Board schmematic
                Universal Data Systems 2025-LP Data Modem User's Manual

                Vamp RFVM-1 Modulator

                Vector Graphic:
                8K Static RAM Board Users Manual and Assembly Instructions
                PROM/RAM Board Users Manual and Assembly Instructions
                Shoft Form Catalog

                Votrax:
                Phoneme list
                SC-01 Datasheet (4)
                VSM/1 Versatile Speech Module Product Data (3)

                WAMECO MEM-1 Parts Placement and Schematic
                Wildfire Systems Group Firmware Pack 2 for CGS-808