Re: [midatlanticretro] Hey Evan! No report from VCF?

  • John Allain
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
      Appropriate to the trip, I was meandering around the online
      repository and found some photos in the files area:

      infoage01.jpg,
      "Random pile of machines"
      This is some random pile! There's a DEC PDP-11/10 (or 05)(the
      first PDP11), an 11/40 I think, an LPS-11 laboratory interface panel,
      a FACIT early-early calculator. Museum quality? Definitely.

      infoage02.jpg,
      "Some more machines"
      There's a Tektronix 4014 vector graphics terminal
      and a DEC micro from the 1980's. Good stuff.

      infoage03.jpg,
      "The Hotel"
      This is where we're going, as seen from all the way across the
      other side of the road. Main points: large, close (to the road),
      and fence (wire, also large).

      Also appropriate to the trip,
      Here is the Lat,Long that I found for main building
      for people with GPS'es.
      N 40 11.156 W 74 03.558

      John A.
    • Bill Sudbrink
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
        Apologies!  Somehow, I got the impression you came back Sunday afternoon.
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
          Nope, but I sent some email from my Treo over the weekend.  :)

          Apologies!  Somehow, I got the impression you came back Sunday afternoon.
          Got home from the airport very late last night.  This morning had to do (gasp!) actual paying work.  :)

            Could someone move these pictures to the pictures area so they are easier to
            view?

            Jim

            --- John Allain <allain@...> wrote:

            > Appropriate to the trip, I was meandering around the online
            > repository and found some photos in the files area:
            >
            > infoage01.jpg,
            > "Random pile of machines"
            > This is some random pile! There's a DEC PDP-11/10 (or 05)(the
            > first PDP11), an 11/40 I think, an LPS-11 laboratory interface panel,
            > a FACIT early-early calculator. Museum quality? Definitely.
            >
            > infoage02.jpg,
            > "Some more machines"
            > There's a Tektronix 4014 vector graphics terminal
            > and a DEC micro from the 1980's. Good stuff.
            >
            > infoage03.jpg,
            > "The Hotel"
            > This is where we're going, as seen from all the way across the
            > other side of the road. Main points: large, close (to the road),
            > and fence (wire, also large).
            >
            > Also appropriate to the trip,
            > Here is the Lat,Long that I found for main building
            > for people with GPS'es.
            > N 40 11.156 W 74 03.558
            >
            > John A.

          • Evan
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
              I just put copies there.  (Left the originals where Andy put them, because the photos section makes the much smaller.)

              --- John Allain <allain@...> wrote:

              > Appropriate to the trip, I was
              meandering around the online
              > repository and found some photos in the
              files area:

              > infoage01.jpg,
              >     "Random pile of
              machines"
              >     This is some random pile!
              There's a DEC PDP-11/10 (or 05)(the
              >     first
              PDP11), an 11/40 I think, an LPS-11 laboratory interface panel,
              >     a FACIT early-early calculator.
              Museum quality?  Definitely.

              infoage02.jpg,
              >    "Some more
              machines"
              >     There's a Tektronix 4014 vector
              graphics terminal
              >     and a DEC micro from the
              1980's.  Good stuff.

              infoage03.jpg,
              >     "The
              Hotel"
              >     This is where we're going, as seen from
              all the way across the
              >     other side of the
              road.  Main points: large, close (to the road),
              >     and fence (wire, also large).
              >
              > Also appropriate to the trip,
              >     Here is
              the Lat,Long  that I found for main building
              >     for people with
              GPS'es.
              >        N 40
              11.156   W 74 03.558