Re: [midatlanticretro] Asteroids record broken

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 7, 2010
      Bill Degnan wrote:
      March could use a vintage (or reprod) arcade system on-site

      If you can't get an original game, the hottest thing now is the 60-in-1 arcade board, that can be wired into an original cabinet --it's real easy-- it doesn't have Asteroids, but all the other classic vertical games, beginning with Pacman, Galaxian, etc.

      I know you can find some working arcade games very cheap, and not on eBay or Craigslist - they would need some cleaning of course. I have a good friend here that collects Arcades, he has about 300, he finds cheap games all the time. Just recently he picked up a Pole Position for only $100--he has 7 of them now--and I'm the only one helping to rebuild this stuff - oye. He can get you that 60-1 board real cheap, he buys them by the caseload from China.

      If you want an Asteroids, I'm sure he could let us know if there's something cheap in your area. We just went on a game run to Phillly the other wknd to drop off one and pickup several. I hitched a ride to pickup that DEC Printer in Shawnee.

      =Dan