RE: [midatlanticretro] Hey Evan! No report from VCF?

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
      Gimme time.

      Got home from the airport very late last night.  This morning had to do (gasp!) actual paying work.  :)

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
        Appropriate to the trip, I was meandering around the online
        repository and found some photos in the files area:

        infoage01.jpg,
        "Random pile of machines"
        This is some random pile! There's a DEC PDP-11/10 (or 05)(the
        first PDP11), an 11/40 I think, an LPS-11 laboratory interface panel,
        a FACIT early-early calculator. Museum quality? Definitely.

        infoage02.jpg,
        "Some more machines"
        There's a Tektronix 4014 vector graphics terminal
        and a DEC micro from the 1980's. Good stuff.

        infoage03.jpg,
        "The Hotel"
        This is where we're going, as seen from all the way across the
        other side of the road. Main points: large, close (to the road),
        and fence (wire, also large).

        Also appropriate to the trip,
        Here is the Lat,Long that I found for main building
        for people with GPS'es.
        N 40 11.156 W 74 03.558

        John A.
      • Bill Sudbrink
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
          Apologies!  Somehow, I got the impression you came back Sunday afternoon.
          Got home from the airport very late last night.  This morning had to do (gasp!) actual paying work.  :)

            Nope, but I sent some email from my Treo over the weekend.  :)

            Apologies!  Somehow, I got the impression you came back Sunday afternoon.
            Got home from the airport very late last night.  This morning had to do (gasp!) actual paying work.  :)

              Could someone move these pictures to the pictures area so they are easier to
              view?

              Jim

              --- John Allain <allain@...> wrote:

              > Appropriate to the trip, I was meandering around the online
              > repository and found some photos in the files area:
              >
              > infoage01.jpg,
              > "Random pile of machines"
              > This is some random pile! There's a DEC PDP-11/10 (or 05)(the
              > first PDP11), an 11/40 I think, an LPS-11 laboratory interface panel,
              > a FACIT early-early calculator. Museum quality? Definitely.
              >
              > infoage02.jpg,
              > "Some more machines"
              > There's a Tektronix 4014 vector graphics terminal
              > and a DEC micro from the 1980's. Good stuff.
              >
              > infoage03.jpg,
              > "The Hotel"
              > This is where we're going, as seen from all the way across the
              > other side of the road. Main points: large, close (to the road),
              > and fence (wire, also large).
              >
              > Also appropriate to the trip,
              > Here is the Lat,Long that I found for main building
              > for people with GPS'es.
              > N 40 11.156 W 74 03.558
              >
              > John A.

            • Evan
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
                I just put copies there.  (Left the originals where Andy put them, because the photos section makes the much smaller.)

                --- John Allain <allain@...> wrote:

                > Appropriate to the trip, I was
                meandering around the online
                > repository and found some photos in the
                files area:

                > infoage01.jpg,
                >     "Random pile of
                machines"
                >     This is some random pile!
                There's a DEC PDP-11/10 (or 05)(the
                >     first
                PDP11), an 11/40 I think, an LPS-11 laboratory interface panel,
                >     a FACIT early-early calculator.
                Museum quality?  Definitely.

                infoage02.jpg,
                >    "Some more
                machines"
                >     There's a Tektronix 4014 vector
                graphics terminal
                >     and a DEC micro from the
                1980's.  Good stuff.

                infoage03.jpg,
                >     "The
                Hotel"
                >     This is where we're going, as seen from
                all the way across the
                >     other side of the
                road.  Main points: large, close (to the road),
                >     and fence (wire, also large).
                >
                > Also appropriate to the trip,
                >     Here is
                the Lat,Long  that I found for main building
                >     for people with
                GPS'es.
                >        N 40
                11.156   W 74 03.558