Hey Evan! No report from VCF?

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
      <EOM>
    • Evan
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
        Gimme time.

        Got home from the airport very late last night.  This morning had to do (gasp!) actual paying work.  :)

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
          Appropriate to the trip, I was meandering around the online
          repository and found some photos in the files area:

          infoage01.jpg,
          "Random pile of machines"
          This is some random pile! There's a DEC PDP-11/10 (or 05)(the
          first PDP11), an 11/40 I think, an LPS-11 laboratory interface panel,
          a FACIT early-early calculator. Museum quality? Definitely.

          infoage02.jpg,
          "Some more machines"
          There's a Tektronix 4014 vector graphics terminal
          and a DEC micro from the 1980's. Good stuff.

          infoage03.jpg,
          "The Hotel"
          This is where we're going, as seen from all the way across the
          other side of the road. Main points: large, close (to the road),
          and fence (wire, also large).

          Also appropriate to the trip,
          Here is the Lat,Long that I found for main building
          for people with GPS'es.
          N 40 11.156 W 74 03.558

          John A.
        • Bill Sudbrink
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
            Apologies!  Somehow, I got the impression you came back Sunday afternoon.
            Got home from the airport very late last night.  This morning had to do (gasp!) actual paying work.  :)

              Nope, but I sent some email from my Treo over the weekend.  :)

              Apologies!  Somehow, I got the impression you came back Sunday afternoon.
              Got home from the airport very late last night.  This morning had to do (gasp!) actual paying work.  :)

                Could someone move these pictures to the pictures area so they are easier to
                view?

                Jim

                --- John Allain <allain@...> wrote:

                > Appropriate to the trip, I was meandering around the online
                > repository and found some photos in the files area:
                >
                > infoage01.jpg,
                > "Random pile of machines"
                > This is some random pile! There's a DEC PDP-11/10 (or 05)(the
                > first PDP11), an 11/40 I think, an LPS-11 laboratory interface panel,
                > a FACIT early-early calculator. Museum quality? Definitely.
                >
                > infoage02.jpg,
                > "Some more machines"
                > There's a Tektronix 4014 vector graphics terminal
                > and a DEC micro from the 1980's. Good stuff.
                >
                > infoage03.jpg,
                > "The Hotel"
                > This is where we're going, as seen from all the way across the
                > other side of the road. Main points: large, close (to the road),
                > and fence (wire, also large).
                >
                > Also appropriate to the trip,
                > Here is the Lat,Long that I found for main building
                > for people with GPS'es.
                > N 40 11.156 W 74 03.558
                >
                > John A.

              • Evan
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
                  I just put copies there.  (Left the originals where Andy put them, because the photos section makes the much smaller.)

                  --- John Allain <allain@...> wrote:

                  > Appropriate to the trip, I was
                  meandering around the online
                  > repository and found some photos in the
                  files area:

                  > infoage01.jpg,
                  >     "Random pile of
                  machines"
                  >     This is some random pile!
                  There's a DEC PDP-11/10 (or 05)(the
                  >     first
                  PDP11), an 11/40 I think, an LPS-11 laboratory interface panel,
                  >     a FACIT early-early calculator.
                  Museum quality?  Definitely.

                  infoage02.jpg,
                  >    "Some more
                  machines"
                  >     There's a Tektronix 4014 vector
                  graphics terminal
                  >     and a DEC micro from the
                  1980's.  Good stuff.

                  infoage03.jpg,
                  >     "The
                  Hotel"
                  >     This is where we're going, as seen from
                  all the way across the
                  >     other side of the
                  road.  Main points: large, close (to the road),
                  >     and fence (wire, also large).
                  >
                  > Also appropriate to the trip,
                  >     Here is
                  the Lat,Long  that I found for main building
                  >     for people with
                  GPS'es.
                  >        N 40
                  11.156   W 74 03.558