Cromemco Systems Update

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2010
      Just a quick note.

      In prep for the CP/M workshop I was able to get both of my Cromemco systems
      to boot CDOS 2.52. One's a System One, the other a System Three. Both
      have only one working drive at the moment, so I may not be able to use them
      for the CP/M class in that they're not best choices without two working
      drives.

      I may attempt to put the Cromemco cards into another S-100 system to see
      what happens. There is a Cromemco CP/M disk around here someplace...

      Bill
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2010
        Bill Degnan wrote:
        > Just a quick note.
        >
        > In prep for the CP/M workshop I was able to get both of my Cromemco systems
        > to boot CDOS 2.52. One's a System One, the other a System Three. Both
        > have only one working drive at the moment, so I may not be able to use them
        > for the CP/M class in that they're not best choices without two working
        > drives.
        >
        > I may attempt to put the Cromemco cards into another S-100 system to see
        > what happens. There is a Cromemco CP/M disk around here someplace...

        it's not required to have 2 drives, only a luxury really, sometimes you
        make can enough space on the boot disk still to write programs. That's
        what I was doing for a while 'till I fixed the B drive on my Kaypro.

        =Dan
      • Bill Degnan
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6, 2010

          > it's not required to have 2 drives, only a luxury really, sometimes you
          > make can enough space on the boot disk still to write programs. That's
          > what I was doing for a while 'till I fixed the B drive on my Kaypro.
          >
          > =Dan

          That's true, but if at all possible I'd want the hardware to be functional.
          At this point what are you bringing?

          Bill
        • Dan Roganti
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6, 2010
            Bill Degnan wrote:
            it's not required to have 2 drives, only a luxury really, sometimes you
            make can enough space on the boot disk still to write programs. That's
            what I was doing for a while 'till I fixed the B drive on my Kaypro.

            =Dan

            That's true, but if at all possible I'd want the hardware to be functional.
             At this point what are you bringing?

            Bill

            You can still practice to install 2 drives during the workshop, but only connect one drive for now, and add the second drive later.

            I'm bringing my Imsai with the one floppy drive and the Kaypro2, both drives are working now.

            =Dan