Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: PHP

  • Degnan
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 6, 2005
      yes, see separate email with details
      Bill D

      >Hey. Anybody here know PHP? How hard would you say it was to learn? I
      >might need to set up a website for a club at school, and I don't want
      >just the basic HTML feel.
      >
      >JoeG

    • Bill Sudbrink
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
        <EOM>
      • Evan
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
          Gimme time.

          Got home from the airport very late last night.  This morning had to do (gasp!) actual paying work.  :)

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
            Appropriate to the trip, I was meandering around the online
            repository and found some photos in the files area:

            infoage01.jpg,
            "Random pile of machines"
            This is some random pile! There's a DEC PDP-11/10 (or 05)(the
            first PDP11), an 11/40 I think, an LPS-11 laboratory interface panel,
            a FACIT early-early calculator. Museum quality? Definitely.

            infoage02.jpg,
            "Some more machines"
            There's a Tektronix 4014 vector graphics terminal
            and a DEC micro from the 1980's. Good stuff.

            infoage03.jpg,
            "The Hotel"
            This is where we're going, as seen from all the way across the
            other side of the road. Main points: large, close (to the road),
            and fence (wire, also large).

            Also appropriate to the trip,
            Here is the Lat,Long that I found for main building
            for people with GPS'es.
            N 40 11.156 W 74 03.558

            John A.
          • Bill Sudbrink
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
              Apologies!  Somehow, I got the impression you came back Sunday afternoon.
              Got home from the airport very late last night.  This morning had to do (gasp!) actual paying work.  :)

                Nope, but I sent some email from my Treo over the weekend.  :)

                Apologies!  Somehow, I got the impression you came back Sunday afternoon.
                Got home from the airport very late last night.  This morning had to do (gasp!) actual paying work.  :)

                  Could someone move these pictures to the pictures area so they are easier to
                  view?

                  Jim

                  --- John Allain <allain@...> wrote:

                  > Appropriate to the trip, I was meandering around the online
                  > repository and found some photos in the files area:
                  >
                  > infoage01.jpg,
                  > "Random pile of machines"
                  > This is some random pile! There's a DEC PDP-11/10 (or 05)(the
                  > first PDP11), an 11/40 I think, an LPS-11 laboratory interface panel,
                  > a FACIT early-early calculator. Museum quality? Definitely.
                  >
                  > infoage02.jpg,
                  > "Some more machines"
                  > There's a Tektronix 4014 vector graphics terminal
                  > and a DEC micro from the 1980's. Good stuff.
                  >
                  > infoage03.jpg,
                  > "The Hotel"
                  > This is where we're going, as seen from all the way across the
                  > other side of the road. Main points: large, close (to the road),
                  > and fence (wire, also large).
                  >
                  > Also appropriate to the trip,
                  > Here is the Lat,Long that I found for main building
                  > for people with GPS'es.
                  > N 40 11.156 W 74 03.558
                  >
                  > John A.

                • Evan
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
                    I just put copies there.  (Left the originals where Andy put them, because the photos section makes the much smaller.)

                    --- John Allain <allain@...> wrote:

                    > Appropriate to the trip, I was
                    meandering around the online
                    > repository and found some photos in the
                    files area:

                    > infoage01.jpg,
                    >     "Random pile of
                    machines"
                    >     This is some random pile!
                    There's a DEC PDP-11/10 (or 05)(the
                    >     first
                    PDP11), an 11/40 I think, an LPS-11 laboratory interface panel,
                    >     a FACIT early-early calculator.
                    Museum quality?  Definitely.

                    infoage02.jpg,
                    >    "Some more
                    machines"
                    >     There's a Tektronix 4014 vector
                    graphics terminal
                    >     and a DEC micro from the
                    1980's.  Good stuff.

                    infoage03.jpg,
                    >     "The
                    Hotel"
                    >     This is where we're going, as seen from
                    all the way across the
                    >     other side of the
                    road.  Main points: large, close (to the road),
                    >     and fence (wire, also large).
                    >
                    > Also appropriate to the trip,
                    >     Here is
                    the Lat,Long  that I found for main building
                    >     for people with
                    GPS'es.
                    >        N 40
                    11.156   W 74 03.558