Re: [midatlanticretro] KIM-1

  • Bob Applegate
    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 6, 2010
      The MOS one is much rarer than the Commodore version, so you've got a great find!

      You'll need 5 VDC at around 1.1 amp, and 12 VDC at maybe 100 ma if you want to use the cassette interface.  www.mpja.org probably has lots of perfect supplies in their selection if you want a new supply.

      The TTY interface is 20ma current loop, so don't connect it to any RS-232 device without an appropriate interface.

      Have fun!

      Bob

      On Apr 5, 2010, at 5:38 PM, Christian Liendo wrote:

      It's a MOS.

      Yea. I was very happy when it came in the mail.. I am looking to get a 5V power supply for it and try and light it up. Also I would like to have a protective display when not in use.

      --- On Mon, 4/5/10, Bob Applegate <bob@applegate. org> wrote:

      Is it a MOS Tech or Commodore model? Look at the logo on top of the PC board.

      Bob

      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 18, 2012
        >> if you want to run KIM software and see what it was like in the early days of home computers, then the microKIM is perfect. It's also safer to play with since parts are readily available.

        Also, Vince B. (who makes the kit) is a very nice guy and a good friend to MARCH. We should all support him.