[midatlanticretro] OT: PHP

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 6, 2005
      Hey. Anybody here know PHP? How hard would you say it was to learn? I
      might need to set up a website for a club at school, and I don't want
      just the basic HTML feel.

      JoeG
    • Degnan
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 6, 2005
        yes, see separate email with details
        Bill D

        >Hey. Anybody here know PHP? How hard would you say it was to learn? I
        >might need to set up a website for a club at school, and I don't want
        >just the basic HTML feel.
        >
        >JoeG

      • Bill Sudbrink
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
          <EOM>
        • Evan
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
            Gimme time.

            Got home from the airport very late last night.  This morning had to do (gasp!) actual paying work.  :)

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
              Appropriate to the trip, I was meandering around the online
              repository and found some photos in the files area:

              infoage01.jpg,
              "Random pile of machines"
              This is some random pile! There's a DEC PDP-11/10 (or 05)(the
              first PDP11), an 11/40 I think, an LPS-11 laboratory interface panel,
              a FACIT early-early calculator. Museum quality? Definitely.

              infoage02.jpg,
              "Some more machines"
              There's a Tektronix 4014 vector graphics terminal
              and a DEC micro from the 1980's. Good stuff.

              infoage03.jpg,
              "The Hotel"
              This is where we're going, as seen from all the way across the
              other side of the road. Main points: large, close (to the road),
              and fence (wire, also large).

              Also appropriate to the trip,
              Here is the Lat,Long that I found for main building
              for people with GPS'es.
              N 40 11.156 W 74 03.558

              John A.
            • Bill Sudbrink
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 8, 2005
                Apologies!  Somehow, I got the impression you came back Sunday afternoon.
                Got home from the airport very late last night.  This morning had to do (gasp!) actual paying work.  :)

                  Nope, but I sent some email from my Treo over the weekend.  :)

                  Apologies!  Somehow, I got the impression you came back Sunday afternoon.
                  Got home from the airport very late last night.  This morning had to do (gasp!) actual paying work.  :)

                    Could someone move these pictures to the pictures area so they are easier to
                    view?

                    Jim

                    --- John Allain <allain@...> wrote:

                    > Appropriate to the trip, I was meandering around the online
                    > repository and found some photos in the files area:
                    >
                    > infoage01.jpg,
                    > "Random pile of machines"
                    > This is some random pile! There's a DEC PDP-11/10 (or 05)(the
                    > first PDP11), an 11/40 I think, an LPS-11 laboratory interface panel,
                    > a FACIT early-early calculator. Museum quality? Definitely.
                    >
                    > infoage02.jpg,
                    > "Some more machines"
                    > There's a Tektronix 4014 vector graphics terminal
                    > and a DEC micro from the 1980's. Good stuff.
                    >
                    > infoage03.jpg,
                    > "The Hotel"
                    > This is where we're going, as seen from all the way across the
                    > other side of the road. Main points: large, close (to the road),
                    > and fence (wire, also large).
                    >
                    > Also appropriate to the trip,
                    > Here is the Lat,Long that I found for main building
                    > for people with GPS'es.
                    > N 40 11.156 W 74 03.558
                    >
                    > John A.

                  • Evan
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 9, 2005
                      I just put copies there.  (Left the originals where Andy put them, because the photos section makes the much smaller.)

                      --- John Allain <allain@...> wrote:

                      > Appropriate to the trip, I was
                      meandering around the online
                      > repository and found some photos in the
                      files area:

                      > infoage01.jpg,
                      >     "Random pile of
                      machines"
                      >     This is some random pile!
                      There's a DEC PDP-11/10 (or 05)(the
                      >     first
                      PDP11), an 11/40 I think, an LPS-11 laboratory interface panel,
                      >     a FACIT early-early calculator.
                      Museum quality?  Definitely.

                      infoage02.jpg,
                      >    "Some more
                      machines"
                      >     There's a Tektronix 4014 vector
                      graphics terminal
                      >     and a DEC micro from the
                      1980's.  Good stuff.

                      infoage03.jpg,
                      >     "The
                      Hotel"
                      >     This is where we're going, as seen from
                      all the way across the
                      >     other side of the
                      road.  Main points: large, close (to the road),
                      >     and fence (wire, also large).
                      >
                      > Also appropriate to the trip,
                      >     Here is
                      the Lat,Long  that I found for main building
                      >     for people with
                      GPS'es.
                      >        N 40
                      11.156   W 74 03.558