Re: [midatlanticretro] Q-Link - oops!

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 5, 2005
      Bob and Sridhar,

      Well, the **IX command line interface is "retro" (as opposed to "vintage")
      because that's where it all started. If you use it today, it's not because
      you MUST, but because you want to. "User Friendly is what you know." I use
      the command shell in Windows XP when it suits my needs, but I don't try to
      configure the Windows DHCP server using the command line. It can be done, but
      why would I want to when it's so much easier and faster to use the GUI? Of
      course on Linux one has no choice but to edit the config files using vi or
      the editor dujour.

      CompuServe still exists (sort of) but the old ASCII interface to the fora is
      gone. Even the Wizop tools are gone. I will probably not need my copy of
      TapCIS anytime soon.

      Jim