CP/M workshop next weekend

    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 3 11:38 AM
      Reminder that the CP/M workshop is next weekend

      Here is a link to the details thread on vintagecomputer.net
      http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=310

      Although the class is generally built around using a working S-100
      system for the work, you can use most any computer to customize CP/M as
      long as you bring any system that you have "control" over enough to edit
      the BIOS, etc. If you give us enough advanced notice we should be able
      to help advise what you will need for your particular system. Please
      let Dan or I know if you need a packet so you can read up on what we
      will be doing.

      I plan to bring a working CP/M S-100 system that I can use as a test
      system, and an Z80 in circuit emulator, and a laptop to capture memory, etc.

      So if you're planning on coming let us know.

      Thanks

      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 18, 2012
        >> if you want to run KIM software and see what it was like in the early days of home computers, then the microKIM is perfect. It's also safer to play with since parts are readily available.

        Also, Vince B. (who makes the kit) is a very nice guy and a good friend to MARCH. We should all support him.