Re: [midatlanticretro] Ed Roberts has passed away on Thursday, April 1, 2010

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010
      I have no clue.

      I don't know the people of Digi Barn and to be honest I have been getting all sorts of April Fools stuff from the funny to the down right nasty.

      So I double check because I was going to notify some blog people I know of to post about this and I didn't want to make a april fools joke go viral.

      From: Dan Roganti <ragooman@comcast. net>
      To: "Hobby - MARCH" <midatlanticretro@ yahoogroups. com>
      Date: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 11:19 PM

      There's a nice memorial webpage on Digibarn with links,pics,etc

      Ed Roberts has passed away on Thursday, April 1, 2010
      http://www.digibarn .com/stories/ MITS/index. html

      =Dan

      --
      http://www.vintagec omputer.net/ ragooman/

    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010

        that's understandable.
        I think Bruce covered himself appropriately by putting the links to the actual articles from NY Times, CNET and Gate's website on his memorial webpage.

        =Dan

        Christian Liendo wrote:
        I have no clue.

        I don't know the people of Digi Barn and to be honest I have been getting all sorts of April Fools stuff from the funny to the down right nasty.

        So I double check because I was going to notify some blog people I know of to post about this and I didn't want to make a april fools joke go viral.

        Do you actually think DigiBarn/Bruce Damer would pull a stunt like that ?

        =Dan

        B Degnan wrote:

        It's real

        Ed Roberts has passed away on Thursday, April 1, 2010
        http://www.digibarn .com/stories/ MITS/index. html

        =Dan

        --

      • Richard Cini
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 3, 2010
          Re: [midatlanticretro] Ed Roberts has passed away on Thursday, April 1, 2010
          This story made the front page of the New York Times (continuing on page A3). That’s a significant achievement in the world of news reporting.

          Rich

          --
          Rich Cini
          Collector of Classic Computers
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 3, 2010
            That's why I enjoy working there.. All the news that's fit to print

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 4, 2010
              We usually keep the last weeks worth of papers around the office. I will try and grab a few copies for the museum.

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 14, 2010
              • ysgdhio
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 14, 2010
                  Oops, didn't see Christian had posted this already. Sorry!