Re: [midatlanticretro] Ed Roberts has passed away on Thursday, April 1, 2010

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010

      Do you actually think DigiBarn/Bruce Damer would pull a stunt like that ?

      =Dan

      B Degnan wrote:
      It's real

      Christian Liendo wrote:
      Wait is this an April fool or real?

      Ed Roberts has passed away on Thursday, April 1, 2010
      http://www.digibarn .com/stories/ MITS/index. html

      =Dan

      --
      http://www.vintagec omputer.net/ ragooman/

    • Christian Liendo
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010
        I have no clue.

        I don't know the people of Digi Barn and to be honest I have been getting all sorts of April Fools stuff from the funny to the down right nasty.

        So I double check because I was going to notify some blog people I know of to post about this and I didn't want to make a april fools joke go viral.

        Do you actually think DigiBarn/Bruce Damer would pull a stunt like that ?

        =Dan

        B Degnan wrote:

        It's real

        Ed Roberts has passed away on Thursday, April 1, 2010

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010

          that's understandable.
          I think Bruce covered himself appropriately by putting the links to the actual articles from NY Times, CNET and Gate's website on his memorial webpage.

          =Dan

          Christian Liendo wrote:
          I have no clue.

          I don't know the people of Digi Barn and to be honest I have been getting all sorts of April Fools stuff from the funny to the down right nasty.

          So I double check because I was going to notify some blog people I know of to post about this and I didn't want to make a april fools joke go viral.

          Do you actually think DigiBarn/Bruce Damer would pull a stunt like that ?

          =Dan

          B Degnan wrote:

          It's real

          Ed Roberts has passed away on Thursday, April 1, 2010
          http://www.digibarn .com/stories/ MITS/index. html

          =Dan

          --

        • Richard Cini
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 3, 2010
            Re: [midatlanticretro] Ed Roberts has passed away on Thursday, April 1, 2010
            This story made the front page of the New York Times (continuing on page A3). That’s a significant achievement in the world of news reporting.

            Rich

            --
            Rich Cini
            Collector of Classic Computers
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 3, 2010
              That's why I enjoy working there.. All the news that's fit to print

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 4, 2010
                We usually keep the last weeks worth of papers around the office. I will try and grab a few copies for the museum.

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 14, 2010
                • ysgdhio
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 14, 2010
                    Oops, didn't see Christian had posted this already. Sorry!