Re: [midatlanticretro] Ed Roberts has passed away on Thursday, April 1, 2010

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010
      It's real

      Christian Liendo wrote:
      Wait is this an April fool or real?

      --- On Thu, 4/1/10, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:

      From: Dan Roganti <ragooman@...>
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Ed Roberts has passed away on Thursday, April 1, 2010
      To: "Hobby - MARCH" <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Thursday, April 1, 2010, 11:19 PM

      There's a nice memorial webpage on Digibarn with links,pics,etc

      Ed Roberts has passed away on Thursday, April 1, 2010
      http://www.digibarn .com/stories/ MITS/index. html

      =Dan

      --
      http://www.vintagec omputer.net/ ragooman/

    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010

        Do you actually think DigiBarn/Bruce Damer would pull a stunt like that ?

        =Dan

        B Degnan wrote:
        It's real

        Ed Roberts has passed away on Thursday, April 1, 2010
        http://www.digibarn .com/stories/ MITS/index. html

        =Dan

        --
        http://www.vintagec omputer.net/ ragooman/

      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010
          I have no clue.

          I don't know the people of Digi Barn and to be honest I have been getting all sorts of April Fools stuff from the funny to the down right nasty.

          So I double check because I was going to notify some blog people I know of to post about this and I didn't want to make a april fools joke go viral.

          Do you actually think DigiBarn/Bruce Damer would pull a stunt like that ?

          =Dan

          B Degnan wrote:

          It's real

          Ed Roberts has passed away on Thursday, April 1, 2010

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 2, 2010

            that's understandable.
            I think Bruce covered himself appropriately by putting the links to the actual articles from NY Times, CNET and Gate's website on his memorial webpage.

            =Dan

            Christian Liendo wrote:
            I have no clue.

            I don't know the people of Digi Barn and to be honest I have been getting all sorts of April Fools stuff from the funny to the down right nasty.

            So I double check because I was going to notify some blog people I know of to post about this and I didn't want to make a april fools joke go viral.

            Do you actually think DigiBarn/Bruce Damer would pull a stunt like that ?

            =Dan

            B Degnan wrote:

            It's real

            Ed Roberts has passed away on Thursday, April 1, 2010
            http://www.digibarn .com/stories/ MITS/index. html

            =Dan

            --

          • Richard Cini
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 3, 2010
              Re: [midatlanticretro] Ed Roberts has passed away on Thursday, April 1, 2010
              This story made the front page of the New York Times (continuing on page A3). That’s a significant achievement in the world of news reporting.

              Rich

              --
              Rich Cini
              Collector of Classic Computers
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 3, 2010
                That's why I enjoy working there.. All the news that's fit to print

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 4, 2010
                  We usually keep the last weeks worth of papers around the office. I will try and grab a few copies for the museum.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 14, 2010
                  • ysgdhio
                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 14, 2010
                      Oops, didn't see Christian had posted this already. Sorry!