Trying again

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
      Maybe the cctalk people will fall for "MARCH minicomputer selloff". :)
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
        Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Maybe the cctalk people will fall for "MARCH minicomputer selloff". :)

        that's a great idea
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
          I'd try microwaving it.  Maybe that will loosen the grime, or was say in Yiddish, the "schmutz".

          Hello fellowMARCHins !

          I recently acquired a Commodore 65 and it is very dirty. I took Bill Degnan's advice and washed it first with dish washing liquid and let it soak overnight. Then use a blow dryer.

          It still had some grime, so I remember a previous thread where he mentioned using Comet. I used that.

          It still had some tough grime inside it that wouldn't come out. Would anyone recommend sand paper ?

          Any recommendations would be helpful !

          Jeff Brace

          HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S DAY !
        • Sridhar Ayengar
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
            Jeffrey Brace wrote:
            > It still had some tough grime inside it that wouldn't come out. Would
            > anyone recommend sand paper ?

            Before sandpaper, I'd try alconox.

            Peace... Sridhar
          • Jeffrey Brace

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
                On 4/1/2010 4:57 PM, Jeffrey Brace wrote:
                Hello fellowMARCHins !

                I recently acquired a Commodore 65 and it is very dirty. I took Bill Degnan's advice and washed it first with dish washing liquid and let it soak overnight. Then use a blow dryer.

                It still had some grime, so I remember a previous thread where he mentioned using Comet. I used that.

                It still had some tough grime inside it that wouldn't come out. Would anyone recommend sand paper ?

                I think what would probably get rid of all that grime and give the mahine a nice "roundness" is to just use a sandblaster.
                Remember I am a professional.  I used that technique to clean up an old Apple I I had laying around here.  If it still has a bit of grime, attach it to the hood of your car and go through a car wash.  Make sure you pay the little extra for the hot wax - you will thank me later when it comes out so shiny that you will be able to see your face on it!

                Cheers,

                Bryan

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 1, 2010
                  Evan Koblentz wrote:
                  > I'd try microwaving it. Maybe that will loosen the grime, or was say in
                  > Yiddish, the "schmutz".

                  Microwaving metal is inadvisable in many situations.

                  Peace... Sridhar